Closed Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Partner in Custody.

Just wondering if you live with DP after 4 months of knowing him?

According to Dr Phil the kids of single parents with live in partners are 20 more times likely to be victims of sexual abuse.

Not saying that is the case here, it just highlights that women need to be VERY vigilant when bringing in new men around their kids. ( I think most women on this forum would be very careful).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Also, don't think his record from another state is visible to police or courts in current state
    It is actually, just FYI.

I also agree with your previous comment to LMF- huuuge difference between here and the USA.

And LMF, your example is very different, you were stopped in traffic and they realised you had an old warrant for DV, you went to court, were told there was an error and were released. The OP says her DF was at home when detectives arrived and arrested him on a warrant for an interstate charge for which he will be extradited. Extradition to another state is a big deal here, it requires cooperation between two states police services and often federal police involvement too. It's unlikely to have been an error.

OP your DP being in family court would be unlikely to matter- family court is a federal court. Criminal matters are first dealt with by the state, there's no real reason for the family court to be communicating with the criminal sectors of other states iykwim? Also, the police from the other state may well have spent time investigating whatever the crime was, determined they needed to speak to your DP, then spent time locating him etc etc etc... All this stuff takes time to coordinate. This could have been in the works for weeks or even months. Anyway, I hope you get some rest and then the truth about what is going on ASAP xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah ive spoken to both his mum and his sister. theyre understandably stressed out and speaking to his brother whos in the same state DP is now, to organise legal representation etc. We;re both keeping each side informed of whatever we hear.

I dont know if they had a peice of paper warrant, but they deffiantly said 'we have a warrant for your arrest from ** state'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Just wondering if you live with DP after 4 months of knowing him?

According to Dr Phil the kids of single parents with live in partners are 20 more times likely to be victims of sexual abuse.

Not saying that is the case here, it just highlights that women need to be VERY vigilant when bringing in new men around their kids. ( I think most women on this forum would be very careful).
    No, we dont live together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Just googled man extradited January 2013 and this came up http://m.theage.com.au/national/melb...501-1xvlk.html

Thanks
    Reviews

Huge hugs inneedofwisdom!! I hope you get some answers soon. x

Thanks
    Reviews

OP, I don't think your making this up.
    But someone in all of this isn't telling the truth, causing you to be just as confused as us.

Is his family your only source for information right now?

Look I understand you are stressed out, that's understandable.
    Just try and see it from the outside, it's not adding up.
    It's easy to forget the little things during times of turmoil.
    Someone isn't being honest with you in all of this.
    Your torn, but try and keep a clear head and think straight ( hard to do when beyond stressed I know)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It is actually, just FYI.

I also agree with your previous comment to LMF- huuuge difference between here and the USA.

And LMF, your example is very different, you were stopped in traffic and they realised you had an old warrant for DV, you went to court, were told there was an error and were released. The OP says her DF was at home when detectives arrived and arrested him on a warrant for an interstate charge for which he will be extradited. Extradition to another state is a big deal here, it requires cooperation between two states police services and often federal police involvement too. It's unlikely to have been an error.

OP your DP being in family court would be unlikely to matter- family court is a federal court. Criminal matters are first dealt with by the state, there's no real reason for the family court to be communicating with the criminal sectors of other states iykwim? Also, the police from the other state may well have spent time investigating whatever the crime was, determined they needed to speak to your DP, then spent time locating him etc etc etc... All this stuff takes time to coordinate. This could have been in the works for weeks or even months. Anyway, I hope you get some rest and then the truth about what is going on ASAP xxx
    Thank you, thats good to know, thanks for explaining that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InNeedOfWisdom View Post
    Yeah ive spoken to both his mum and his sister. theyre understandably stressed out and speaking to his brother whos in the same state DP is now, to organise legal representation etc. We;re both keeping each side informed of whatever we hear.

I dont know if they had a peice of paper warrant, but they deffiantly said 'we have a warrant for your arrest from ** state'.
    They don't even know yet? So strange its such a mystery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

It's not about judging & I am sorry if it comes across that way.

Your situation sounds very concerning to me & ALOT of other posters. I am aware I come across incredibly blunt I apologise & will stay out of this thread now.