Closed Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    I'm sorry op that you are in this situation, but I'm standing by my comment re your child. As a parents we have a responsibility to ensure we do not actively put our children in danger. I would be finding out first hand so I could make a decision if I ever wanted to see him again.
    It could be something non violent and not that bad ( on the crime scale ) or he could be scum of the earth ( murder, child predictor, drug lord)
    There maybe a chance he will get bail later into the proceedings. You need to know NOW so you can grieve and come to terms with the situation ( and to talk to the police re protection if he has anger issues and you could be at risk) if you don't continue with the relationship.
    Actually as i write this I realize you should know now anyway incase both you and your child are at risk from his criminal activities. I've seen WAY to much tv but what if his criminal associates aren't happy he's now in jail and come after you?

I believe my child is safe, i will keep my child safe till the end of the earth. Not knowing until monday is not going to change that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Partner in Custody.

Quote Originally Posted by InNeedOfWisdom View Post
    I believe my child is safe, i will keep my child safe till the end of the earth. Not knowing until monday is not going to change that.
    My long post took awhile to write, sorry you had written Monday comment while I was writing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Plan2bamummy For This Useful Post:

InNeedOfWisdom  (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And of course i want to know!! I want to know if i'll ever see him again, I want to know what he has/hasnt done, i want to know if he's ok, and i want to know why its happening now. Its obvious that these arent new charges, so when did it happen, why did it happen, what was the circumstances. BUT as i said, i will know that on Monday, no earlier, I could have gone to the court this morning and possibly have found out, but i couldnt do it. I couldnt. Call me weak, call me unproductive, but i physically and emotionally could not have driven the 30minutes and sat in that court room. As much as i love him, i also need to consider myself. And yes my child. Obviously, she comes 1st and if he has done something to make me what to keep her away from him, thats EXACTLY what i'll do. Theres no way i'd put my little girl in danger, no matter how i feel about someone. She comes 1st and always will. Make no mistake in that.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

OP, huge hugs. I'm glad that you did what you felt was best for you and your situation. I absolutely agree about finding out what the charges are, but for your piece of mind.

Transcripts are an excellent idea.

Take some "you" time and just relax as best you can until Monday comes and you can find out.

All the best.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

You have known him 4 months and you say your in love, that he is kind, gentle etc... How do you think some criminals like Pedophiles or frauds work?! They gain trust off others, people usually do fall in love with them, they manipulate, crawl their way into people's lives and do what they do best.. I'm sorry but a driving offense that you didn't know about or forgot to pay, that is understandable.
    But being extradited?!? That's extreme, I would be totally shocked if there was a mix up.

If my husband was extradited I wouldn't be able to wait to know what the hell he has done or is being accused of doing.
    I would NEED to know what risk I possibly put my self and my family in.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but someone can only be extradited in Australia if they face a crime that brings more than a 2 year sentence?
    It's a very well planned act, lots of money involved, legal work, a person doesn't just get extradited.. It's a last resort for authorities.. For crimes much more bigger than little stuff ups.
    He had to know and he was most likely hiding it from you, how does someone not know they are wanted in another state for a crime holding a minimum 2 year sentence? He could have fled to a new state AFTER his first court hearing. Did you ever ask him why he moved interstate?

I would be asking myself what the hell could he have hidden from me that holds at least a 2 year sentence?!?!
    I would have gone to court, if something huge stopped me from going I would be ringing up for transcripts ASAP.
    Has bail been set?
    To be going to a hearing on a Saturday and being in court again on Monday is pretty serious.

If I found out my husband was accused of crimes that could involve
    Pedophilia, Murder, Fraud, bank fraud, Rape, Assault, robbery, Kidnapping, criminal use of fire arms, drugs and Terrorism just to name a few I would be wanting to know every detail, I would be wanting to know what kind of person my family has been around.

How don't you know that once you find out what his charge(s) are you have a lightbulb moment and remember some of his actions that you were previously oblivious too fit in with the crime he is up against?
    You could help in this if you suddenly realize that yes he did show signs of being involved in X,Y,Z.
    Put your love for him aside for a second and just think what if this crime involved another person that he has done something unforgivable to?
    Think of women in DV relationships, I have never known one to say "He was abusive from the moment we met" most have no idea who the person they fell in love with is really like until time goes by and true colors show, 4 months is not enough time to say you 100% know him, truth is you didn't know him.. Otherwise you wouldn't be shocked by all this.

Yes people make mistakes, but if I was with a man who was once/is capable of any those things I'm sorry but I would learn not to love him, and walk away... Far away.

You could be at risk, your daughter could be at risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep i completely agree with you Lumi and thats exactly what i plan to do. Obviously i cannot call the court now, being a saturday night, but i will 9am on monday and explain why i want the transcripts. If i can help the police, of course i would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InNeedOfWisdom View Post
    Wow attack much.

Its really not going to change my frame of mind, being told i should have gone, dont believe my story etc etc.
    Im not here to be belittled or judged.

Of course i've had my DD in the last 4 months. Doesnt mean she's been incolved in MY relationship with DP.

I will get the transcriptions, thank you to whoever suggested that 1st. I'll call the local court 1st thing monday to organise that.

DP is a grown adult, and his mother does work and is caring for her grandson currently, if she felt she didnt need to go to the court this morning for the extradition hearing, then thats her choice, as is it mine. I dont see it us unproductive, more as self protecting. If court was tomorrow, i'd be there, but this morning i was in no fit state and i need noone to tell me if that was the right or wrong thing to do.

I understand this is a public forum, and ive opened myself up for attack, but i thought public also ment understanding of differing situations and feelings. My mistake.

Thank you to those who are supportive, not judging me or DP and there to genuinly help.
    Hope it all works out and isnt anything big. Glad you got some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    I'm sorry op that you are in this situation, but I'm standing by my comment re your child. As a parents we have a responsibility to ensure we do not actively put our children in danger. I would be finding out first hand so I could make a decision if I ever wanted to see him again.
    It could be something non violent and not that bad ( on the crime scale ) or he could be scum of the earth ( murder, child predictor, drug lord)
    There maybe a chance he will get bail later into the proceedings. You need to know NOW so you can grieve and come to terms with the situation ( and to talk to the police re protection if he has anger issues and you could be at risk) if you don't continue with the relationship.
    Actually as i write this I realize you should know now anyway incase both you and your child are at risk from his criminal activities. I've seen WAY to much tv but what if his criminal associates aren't happy he's now in jail and come after you?
    She cant be much safer than him being away, going to court wouldnt have made anything different other than knowing what he is charged with, but even then lets pretend he is charged with assault on his ex isnt his ex a drug addicted? I was told by legal aid that a lot of people will make up abuse stories when the relationship is over to get the kids, he is a single dad so that could be a possibility then she will be all upset and think badly of him only to possibly find out it was a lie.

Also do we really think that he would have been given sole custody of a child if he was a big huge criminal? Would the courts really let some crazy criminal be a single dad?
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 05-01-2013 at 19:48. Reason: Removing ref to deleted post

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and he moved interstate because the mother of his child did, at at that time she had custody. So he followed her to this state but a different town, which is the town his mother and other family have lived in for 10yrs. So i know the reason he moved here, yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LoveMyFam, thats something thats really confusing me. DP was in court for child custody issues less than 3 months ago (for final orders, finally!) and so obviously they had all of his details, everything to where he works, where he lives, the childs grandparents names etc, so why did nothing happen then???

Thats what leads me to believe that perhaps the childs mother is involved somehow. Ive seen text messages from her, acussing him of neglect, saying it was DP's fault she had to leave the child abandoned at the police station over a yr ago for DP to be called to pick him up (and hes had him ever since).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This did just happen, and he's in jail in another state, she's hardly in danger and I fully believe you would 100% protect your daughter. I really only find it strange that no one knows what he's charged with, like not even his mum or his brother by now? But if you can wait then it doesn't change anything whether you find out now or wait till Monday I guess.
    I don't know you or the guy and even I'm sooooo curious now!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post: