+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Worldwide study looking at Online Donation (QUT Research)

Final Chance toParticipate: Research into Online Donation
    My name is Stephen Whyte and I am a social sciencesresearcher from Queensland University of Technology (QUT) in Brisbane,Australia. For the past seven months (since June 2012) I have been trying tocollect information on what drives the people who are participating in thegrowing market of online sperm donation.

I am conducting an online survey for either donors or peopleseeking donors online to fill in. The survey does not ask you to personallyidentify yourself, it is completely anonymous. We do not wish to identify younow or in the future. What we do want is a general demographic outline of you,so as to form a better idea of what has brought you to this forum/website.Understanding how you have got to this point, the factors that drive you andwhat is influencing your selection is the essence of this research. The surveytakes approximately 10 minutes to fill in.

This study is unique in that I believe it is the first ofits kind conducted anywhere in the world. Unfortunately, reaching the people Iam hoping to study has not been so simple.

In my attempts to reach people participating in this onlinemarket place I have posted blogs and requests to participate on more than halfa dozen websites (such as this one), as well as emailing out requests to morethan 1200 individuals from email addresses they have posted on open forums. Unfortunatelymore than 200 people have only viewed or only partially completed the survey,which is incomplete information I cannot use. Of the 1200 emails I sent out,more than 75% (900+) of them are false email addresses or time wasting,insincere individuals who are not genuinely looking to donate or find a donor.It saddens me to think of all the genuine people out their searching for thewonderful gift of parenthood, only to be “messed” around by these suspectindividuals.

On a positive note, I have received several emails frompeople worldwide who have been happy to participate and have filled in thesurvey. They have told me of a range of issues (both good & bad) with onlinedonation and expressed their passion for what they are trying to do and thepeople they hope to reach out to. Without such people completing the survey, mystudy would not be possible.

The online survey closes at the end of February 2013. If youare trying to donate or looking for a donor online I would ask that you pleasefollow the links below to the relevant survey. The more people that participatein this research the more accurate the picture possible of what is actuallyhappening and the more valid the outcomes of my research.

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog. I would askand hope that you follow the links below, fill in our survey and help us in ourresearch endeavour. Thank you and good luck in your pursuit of the amazing giftof life.

If you are a donor please fill in the survey at this link:
    https://survey.qut.edu.au/survey/175520/e66c/

If you are looking for a donor please fill in the survey atthis link:
    https://survey.qut.edu.au/survey/175495/125c/

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate tocontact me on my email sg.whyte@qut.edu.au this research study has QueenslandUniversity of Technology (QUT) Ethics clearance, approval number: 1200000106.The opening page of our survey contains (in full) all Participant Informationand contact details of the research team and QUT should you require any moreinformation

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you!!!

An open letter to all who have participated in my onlinesurvey,

I would like to personally thank the more than 400 peoplewho have taken the time to view and participate in my research into onlinesperm donation. I understand the trust shown by those who have participated andappreciate your honesty and the commitment you have given to helping me conductmy research. This research would not be possible without you.

At the close of the survey on March the 1st Iwill begin the analysis, and I hope to have a working paper completed by late2013. At which time I will post a linkon this website for you to read the finished work.

Once again, thank you to all who have completed my survey.And to all who have taken the time to read my blogs over the past few months,good luck in your search for the amazing gift of parenthood and all the bestfor the future.

Best Wishes,
    Stephen Whyte

p.s. If you have not completed the survey or you know ofsomeone who has not completed it, I would ask that you please bring it to theirattention so that they may participate before it closes on March the 1st.

If you are a donor please fill in the survey at this link:

https://survey.qut.edu.au/survey/175520/e66c/

If you are looking for a donor please fill in thesurvey at this link:

https://survey.qut.edu.au/survey/175495/125c/

This research study has Queensland University of Technology(QUT) Ethics clearance, approval number: 1200000106. The opening page of oursurvey contains (in full) all Participant Information and contact details ofthe research team and QUT should you require any more information