+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tips for successful transfer?

Hi fellow TTC'ers,

I've seen some old wives tales in regards to assisting with a successful transfer.
    Just wondering if anyone has some tips or advice?

I will potentially be having a 3d emby transferred tomorrow depending on how my 3 are progressing...alternatively a 5d transfer on Monday.

Fingers crossed and good luck to you all as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi and all the best for your transfer. I was getting pretty desperate by my 7th transfer and was googling everything under the sun. Here are the ones I did (who knows which, if any helped bub implant?!)

Dtd the night before transfer (and 36hrs after - not sure it was recommended but it just happened that way !!)
    Ate an egg mcmuffin from maccas the morning of transfer (I was willing to try anything)
    Drank pomegranate juice (200ml/day) for 5 days leading up to transfer (helps thicken lining)
    Ate a 2cm piece of pineapple core every day for 5 days starting on transfer day. (Meant to assist implantation)
    Ate a handful of Brazil nuts every day during 2ww
    Ate well
    Exercised lightly for 20-30 mins a day
    Took fish oil capsules everyday
    Had acupuncture within 2 hrs of transfer with experienced fertility acupuncturist.
    Watched a comedy movie in the afternoon (releases good endorphins?)
    Took the day off work to relax

I should mention that I was also on a new drug cocktail for this transfer and also recently had polyps removed from my uterus. I can't say which worked or helped the most but by doing all those things I felt like I had control over something and was doing something to help

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi there
    I too was getting a bit desperate by my 4th transfer. I can't give you any tips but I can tell you that I had tried it all - acupuncture, lying around the house doing nothing for a few days, taking a $**t load of vitamins and eating the right things etc etc.
    On the transfer that worked I did the opposite I went straight to work and to a music festival afterwards. Ate and drank as I pleased and basically got on with my life.
    This transfer I also took low dose aspirin and had an endometrium biopsy the cycle prior. I think this is why it worked.

I think if its the 'right' embryo under the 'right' uterine conditions (plus a bit of good luck) it will work no matter what.
    Good luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bella978 View Post
    Ate an egg mcmuffin from maccas the morning of transfer (I was willing to try anything)
    ... What!? Is this a 'thing'??

Thanks
    Reviews

For me I always did accupuncture before and after each transfer, with my last a friend said to drink pineapple juice in tww, who knows if it helped but I am 24 weeks with twins!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    ... What!? Is this a 'thing'??
    Lol I know I sound crazy. But I was googling and found this... And I love McDonalds so I thought I'd give it a try!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did a lot of what Bella said, although never heard the maccas thing

I was also told about a kiwi fruit a day for the first five days.

And... (this one worked for me on both my successful cycles) keeping your feet warm, particularly if you have tiles. I wore socks all the time, even to bed. Apparantly cold feet can make your uterus cold?!

Good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck with your transfer!

I was half sensible half not...I made sure I kept my feet warm always, had aspirin daily, ate lots of sweet potato and drank pomegranate juice. Then because I didn't think I had a chance of this cycle working, ate HEAPS of junk food and did a lot of physical activities (rather than resting)