Closed Thread
Page 79 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Fabulously Fertile February 2013 Testing Thread

This sounds stupid but I almost feel like I haven't done my time TTC :/ why should I get my BFP after 6months when others haven't, weird thinking have the weirdest cramps today urgh

I do know how it is, fx crossed for u Jess xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Hopefully but can't help but feel like I don't deserve it.

How r u going?
    chan you definately do deserve it! there is no explination as to why some of us have more trouble than others but that is most certainly not a reflection on your worthiness to love a little person with all your heart. I so hope you get your BFP soon hun.

xx

Thanks
    Reviews

For those of you who have been at this ttc thang for a while...qu? When is a glass or two considered an ok thing? Do you drink right up to o? or beyond? I find it hard because when I actually do fall it will be 9 m of preg then 12 months or so of bf without alcohol. What if ttc takes years??? Not an alcoholic or anything just enjoy my veno! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks MWL I just have a strange way of thinking love the ticker the baby onesies is.that one of urs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yup! The blue stripey one with the onesies on the line. so cute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessloumum View Post
    For those of you who have been at this ttc thang for a while...qu? When is a glass or two considered an ok thing? Do you drink right up to o? or beyond? I find it hard because when I actually do fall it will be 9 m of preg then 12 months or so of bf without alcohol. What if ttc takes years??? Not an alcoholic or anything just enjoy my veno! :-)
    Apparently until after the umbilical cord is established at 5wks or something.. there is no blood passing from you to bubs yet. So right up until AF is due you should be fine to enjoy a glass or two should you wish - without harming bubs.
    Remember there is no 'safe' amount to drink or not to drink when utd.. who would want to be the volunteer for that test?! So its whatever you feel comfortable with and its accosiated potential for risk.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thx mwl. That's good advice.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessloumum For This Useful Post:

MadeWithLove  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jessloumum - it doesn't have to be twelve months or so without the wine while breastfeeding. As long as the alcohol is out of your blood it's out of your milk. So the usual 1 standard drink = 2hrs. After the newborn, feed on demand phase is over, put bubs to bed then pop the bottle... if they wake, cuddle them till you can feed
    Still, a very good question, and thanks MWL for the response, I didn't know that thing about the umbilical cord.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Like with everything when I was pregnant, I just used a bit of common sense. I found that during the first trimester I was too sick to want a drink anyway - but after than I would have 1-2 glasses of wine occasionally if I felt like it. I would never drink to the point where I was started to feel affected and never more than 2 smaller glasses in one night. Both my GP and my Doc hubby thought this approach was fine and left it up to me.

Thanks
    Reviews

I could use a glass right now, car just died again on way to the cinema now waiting for raa in heat after spending 435 fixing it on monday