+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We purchased our first place when our DS was 5 (he is 11 now). We then purchased our second place when our DD was a little over 1 (she will be 3 in March). We were lucky enough to be able to keep our first property as an investment. I think if you work hard, save and be careful on what you spend your money on, home ownership after kids is definitely possible. Good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    We are doing this so we can get two lots of first home buyers
    Isn't this illegal? Mmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    We moved in with my mum when we found out we were pregnant and saved like crazy - when DS was 10 moths we brought our first place.

I had gone back to win 3 days a week and we brought it together.

BTW I though the first home owners grant was scrapped a year or so ago??? I remember thinking how lucky we were to get into the market...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Isn't this illegal? Mmmm
    I suppose it depends if they are married.... If not they can make the claim of being boyfriend and girlfriend and wanting to buy separately...I don't see a problem with that.

Although as mentioned it will be considered property before they became defacto so the partner not listed on the mortgage will not have any claim....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Wow this thread is unbelievable.

I just wanted to add that in the last 10 years we have had 3 different homeloans. We had 4 kids with the first and second loan and 5 kids with the last one, 2 years ago. We are a family of 8 on a single low income that has never lied on any forms.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    I suppose it depends if they are married.... If not they can make the claim of being boyfriend and girlfriend and wanting to buy separately...I don't see a problem with that.

Although as mentioned it will be considered property before they became defacto so the partner not listed on the mortgage will not have any claim....
    It is essentially claiming two lots of fhog for the one family when clearly the government has allocated ONE lot for each household.

It's dodgy and dishonest.

I certainly do NOt want my hard earned taxes going to two lots of fhog to one household . Just no...

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's ONE FHOG per household. An example - my DP bought his house years before we got together, and we aren't eligible to get it again. If I buy an investment property on my own, I'm not eligible.

ONE people. Don't be so greedy. Or do it and get caught, I'd say I don't care, but I do, especially about fraud.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is essentially claiming two lots of fhog for the one family when clearly the government has allocated ONE lot for each household.

I certainly do NOt want my hard earned taxes going to two lots of fhog to one household . Just no...
    Yep nothing infuriates me more than our taxes funding dishonest people who have their fair share

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh I see yeah I was thinking if boyfriend girlfriend want to keep their assets separate than that should be ok it is dishonest if they consider it shared property but only wanted 2 grants.

I should have looked at all te posts before commenting - sorry!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Oh I see yeah I was thinking if boyfriend girlfriend want to keep their assets separate than that should be ok it is dishonest if they consider it shared property but only wanted 2 grants.

I should have looked at all te posts before commenting - sorry!!!
    Once you've been living as bf and gf for 6 months you are deemed defacto and all the same rules apply as if you were a married couple. I imagine this alone would prevent someone in such circumstance being able to apply for FHOG twice?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app