I am finding that I am scared about having another child, even though I want one more and my partner does too.

I recently (she is 8 weeks old) had my fourth - first with a new partner. I had pre-eclampsia with my first ten years ago (induced at 38 weeks), and then nothing much to speak of problem wise with my next two. With my latest baby, however, my blood pressure went up fast (same with the first) at about 33 weeks. I visited hospital every other day for tests for the last week, when I was induced at 36 weeks. Not complaining about that part. Small, perfectly healthy baby and fast labour.

I was put on a high dose of Labetalol, 300mg 3 times a day, at 35 weeks and that's kind of freaked me out. I am still coming off the meds, and am not thinking of another pregnancy before completely weaned off. Don't usually have BP issues, but am almost 35 years old.

Has anyone else had medicated pre-eclampsia in one pregnancy and been fine in the next? I wasn't medicated with my first, but that may have been because it was my first, and I was younger.

Any help would be appreciated, because I am finding myself giving some serious thought to not having this last baby. The pre-eclampsia is the only deciding factor.