+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Tmi- cuts on vagina

Certainly not herpes as have just had all that tested... Is looking like its healing and not so painful now. Will give paw paw cream a go to help it along

Sent from my GT-I8150T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get really itchy a week before AF - its like clockwork! GP had no explaination for it except maybe a change in my CM that week causing an irritation. Anyway, i make it my mission not to scratch it but i always end up with a few cuts so i feel your pain!!!I use my daughters Sudocream and it works wonders! PawPaw cream just made me feel all 'icky' and wet

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tmi- cuts on vagina

I get it sometimes if I wash too vigorously in a rush and also certain soaps can do it to me as well. Have you recently changed soaps? Sounds silly but Its very sensitive down there!

Thanks
    Reviews

Ive started using a new loofa? Maybe using it a bit to hard after shaving lol thanks for all the tips ladies. Wasnt worried it could be an sti as just had it all tested but is certainly strange.

Sent from my GT-I8150T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Okay you're probably right but you need to know that you can't be "tested" for herpes. It doesn't show up on blood tests. It is just diagnosed when the sores appear. An STI screen does not exclude herpes at all. I still think you should see your doctor, it's so common.

Thanks
    Reviews

Herpes can be detected on a blood test. It will not say what strain (type 1 or 2, one is cold sores other is the vaginal sort they can affect any part of your body the sore came in contact with) the blood test will indicate you have 'a strain if herpes' but without a sore present it will not indicate which type of herpes it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't wash your vj with a loofah!!! Seriously it will cause thrush and ruins the natural balance down there, water is enough.
    Get some ural if you can to get the acidity out of your wee, and only time will heal it (not too much, the area heals very quickly)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hahaha I knew someone would come out with this nitpicky info! Yes you can test for the herpes virus but seeing as it is positive in pretty much every body (due to cold sores) and seeing as how you can get both type 1 or type 2 on the genitals then it's pretty useless and most GPs don't do it as part of a screen unless discussed particularly by the patient. Also it will be positive in someone who had a mild case of herpes years ago and never noticed or got a recurrence. Useless blood test.

Thanks
    Reviews

Not nitpicky at all I didn't want the op getting a scare from misled information. You can test for it, although yes not the best testing without a sore present. Not everyone has the cold sore virus either! So for those that don't this test could indicate a recent infection. If op has been tested for it and it came back negative then it's negative!

Thanks
    Reviews

I was tested for herpes, came back negative, I've never had a cold sore. I think if op was tested and it was negative she can safely say it's negative. But I do see what you're saying as most GP's don't bother testing for it as part of an sti scan and not everyone is aware of that. I asked to be tested specifically.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub