+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tantrums 9mo

Is this possible?? He is throwing tantrums. He cries and cries and just crawls around while doing it. I can't sooth him. It's usually at food time . He seems to have had enough like throws the food and I keep offering and then he goes into this crazy mode.
    I'm just letting him crawl around and cry because I don't know what to do!dont want him to think he can do that and I will pick him up the whole time. Of course I try to sooth him first but doesn't work.

I thought 9mo is a bit young for this!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Tantrums 9mo

I'm not sure if he is old enough for it to be a true tantrum.
    Maybe he is not after food but milk? Have you started anything new or stopped anything?

At this age I'd think it's more over stimulation or not enough sleep before thinking tantrum.

I do hope things get better. It's never easy to watch your little one like that and not be able to help.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tantrums 9mo

Sounds like tiredness to me, my 10 month old does the same and 9 times out of 10 she is just ready for a sleep. Failing that, I put her in the pram, go for a walk, even in the garden, and the extra stimulation usually has her calm enough to move on with our day.
    I would call it a tantrum, she doesn't know what she wants and this is the only way she can express it to me. Even older kids only throw tantrums for a reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 9 months and she will do that in the afternoon she wants me to hold her, I cannot put her down or she'll cry and scream and crawl around. She's usually over tiered when she does that so I've changed our routine to suit her needs better.
    I'd try to feed him earlier and then do something low key like sing a soothing song or cuddle in bed and see if he's tiered.
    Good luck! It's so sad when they get all worked up like that!!! But you're not alone happens to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tantrums 9mo

Ok glad it's normal. I gave him milk and he did drink it but then as soon and he is put down screaming again. He had just woken from a nap so thought he would be ok. Now he is having a bath and going to bed an hour early.. Hope that doesn't mean he will be up early!

It's strange cuz it's only just started that's why I thought tantrums

Thanks
    Reviews
    He might just want mummy cuddles they start getting separation anxiety around 8 months or so, I spoke with the baby wellness nurse about and she told me around this time they start figuring out they are a separate being and might develop some separation issues... I would pop her in the ergo or sling and carry on with my day...
    another thing if he hasn't cut his first tooth... DD screams when I try to put her to sleep, then if I give her some teething gel she'll go to sleep in a couple of minutes!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

wrena  (03-01-2013)