+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Neighbours dog barking non stop

I am at my wits end with my neighbours dog and it's barking. It is a small yappy dog and it barks at any sound and it goes on for hours at a time.

It started at 5:20am this morning and our bedroom window is right next to the fence, so we hear it loud and clear. It barked roughly every 5 minutes until around 8:30am when we'd had enough so we went out.

It wakes my kids up. It barks in the middle of the night for long periods some nights. I am just so over it, I just want some sleep!

We've complained to the owners who told us to just tell it to shut up (which actually makes it bark more) we've complained to the council, their real estate and even made a noise complaint to the local police station it got that bad one night and I was so sick of it.

I don't know what else to do? We sleep with our bedroom window closed when we can but being summer it Is just too hot... I'm at my wits end any suggestions?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have the same from my neighbours. I'm seriously considering getting one of those bird ages that has a special thing on them (great technical jargon!) that emits a high pitch sound when they bark. Pricey, but I'm sick to death of the dogs on BOTH sides that bark all the time!

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews

Do you have a dog? Maybe offer to add their dog to your dogs walks? Sounds like the dog is bored. I don't know other than that. Hope someone more helpful pops in

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews

Ooh yes or a dog whistle might help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Neighbours dog barking non stop

I don't have a dog, and I'm 17 weeks pregnant and suffering from hyperemesis so not really an option unfortunately, I have enough trouble walking to the kitchen to get my kids food let alone walking a dog

A dog whistle is a good idea though, will see if I can find one tomorrow...

I haven't heard of the bird cage thing though?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have no advice but can sympathise. My DD2 is normally awake around 6.30am, but this morning she slept until 7.45am. The neighbours dog however woke me up at 6.45 with its incessant barking. Grrrrrrr, I was so mad. I must say though that it is rare that I hear it barking because it is an inside dog and its not usually outside that early in the morning.

Good luck finding a solution, it must be driving you insane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you spoken to the neighbours again and told them that telling it to shut up makes it work?

Have you followed up with the council on your complaint? Keep a diary of when it barks and how long fir. Speak to other neighbours and ask if they'd be willing to back you with a letter to include in your complaint.

Have the rangers come out during the time it barks the most, etc.

Theres a lot you can do, it just unfortunately takes a bit of push from your end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My neighbors dog was the same and they apologised but didn't do anything about it. I bought a citronella collar and asked if they mind trying it. It's apparently safe for the dog, and sprays a bit of citronella out near its nose when it barks. They didnt seem offended (I don't think) and its worked wonders. The citronella has run out but whenever the collar is put on its quiet, they put it on when they go to bed.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

We had the same problem at our last house and the council told us at the end that unless we took it to court, they couldn't be of any more help! We ended up having to move house as I hadn't slept a full night in 9 months, so I feel your pain!

We now have 2 dogs ourselves and they started barking at night...we didn't want to be THOSE neighbors, so we looked into various methods. We used water guns to spray them when they barked during the day, along with a short sharp "no" in a growling voice, and at night we used a dog whistle.

After about 4-5 weeks we found it had worked. They never bark at all now.

Hope these things can help you and you find a solution soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make a pest of yourself to everybody you've already spoken to - council especially, but their estate agent is a great idea too. Complain every few days, or as often as you can stand it with the way you must be feeling! The more you annoy them, the more likely they are to do something about it.

Irresponsible pet owners drive me crazy - people just don't realise that small dogs need a lot of exercise!