+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nursery

We are still in early stages but we are just looking at costs now.
    Why are some packages cheap ( say under $1500) yet there are cots that are more than this. Is there a quality difference or is it just a brand thing? Does it really only matter if only lasts a few years ( as they will only be needing a cot/ nappy change table etc for a few years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Nursery

All up my kids bedroom furniture cost about 250. Its lasted through 2 kids and it'll be used for this one coming too you don't need to spend a huge amount to get something safe and that will last

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nursery

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone please let me know when is the next big baby salein melbourne? we are new to the city and dont know where to start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Nursery

We purchased a childcare convertible cot and changetable from target and so far they have lasted really well. They all have to meet Australian safety standards, so it really comes down to look and how much you want to pay.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nursery

We have two childcare cots that convert to toddler beds, both around $300 and are excellent. Look great too.

Target have quite a few baby sales a year. Just keep an eye out and you can get great deals!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nursery

My first cot that I bought for DD1 was an expensive Boori one that cost a fortune. Used it for 3 of my girls then sold it. When DD4 was on her way I got a cot from the target sale for $150. Wish I had of down that all along, looks great and is really sturdy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nursery

We have a childcare cot from target that was purchased for DD1 about 6yrs ago.
    DD2 is still using it currently then our 3rd bub will later in the year.

For a cot that costed approx $250 originally its lasted well. It has some chew marks on the rails but im sure so would an expensive one as babies don't discriminate based on price.lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nursery

Certainly a marketing scheme. That's what I reckon anyway. As soon as its a baby item $$$. We bought a second hand cot and chsnge table. Noone would even know as they're still in excellent condition. Paid 300 for both

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a boori cot and dresser for around $1700. I used it for both kids. The cot converts and I thought I will use it, but I'll probably sell it instead.
    In my opinion, don't spend too much on a cot, I know my kids barely slept in it as babies, always in my room instead. And by 2 you will be looking at a big bed anyway. I'm still spending a fortune now on their 'big furniture'