+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's right, I thought that pushing was the best part!! It's amazing how the pain just goes away!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (14-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With ds1 - you don't have to be on your back the whole time.
    It can go super quick.
    Even though you HATE your midwife when he says no time for any pain relief you'll look back and be happy you did it with nothing (but that's not to say anything negative about pain relief, you want it? Go for it!)
    Bleeding is normal, but only so much.
    It's ok to want visitors. I honestly loved having people come see me and bub.

Ds2 - moving helps.
    Gas can really help, the cord reaches into the toilet (lol, I had no idea and freaked out thinking I'd have to leave it for a minute)
    You may need to pee, even if it's only one drop every 2 mins it will feel like your bladder is going to burst.
    A little bit of poop might come out but it's ok, it happens to a fair few woman.
    Labour hurts, but them massaging the placenter out hurts more.
    If you bleed to much you might end up in theater. It's ok to be sacred.
    Waking up in recovery with your last extremely hazy memory that of giving birth but not having a baby with you is scary. The nurses are awesome though and will help you 'wake up' properly.
    It's ok to block memories.
    It's ok to be jealous of other ladies who had 'normal' births with no problems after. In time you accept every woman is different and we all have our own stories.
    Ice packs on your lady bits feel like the most magical, awesome, fantastic thing.

Most importantly, you are able to do it! Pain relief or no pain relief, vaginal or c/s, quick or long, you will get there. Enjoy the most special present at the end of it all

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

MrsLA  (19-10-2013),upforroundtwo  (15-04-2013),Vivre  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish I had been warned about how weak my pelvic floor would be afterwards. I had that sensation of struggling to make it when I thought about a toilet! I was really worried I had done permanent damage, but it must have been all the swelling and pressure from pushing (almost 3 hrs). The "urgency" stopped around a week after birth.
    Also, how scary pooping is the first time after a vaginal birth!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

captainscaptain  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    I wish I had been warned about how weak my pelvic floor would be afterwards. I had that sensation of struggling to make it when I thought about a toilet! I was really worried I had done permanent damage, but it must have been all the swelling and pressure from pushing (almost 3 hrs). The "urgency" stopped around a week after birth.
    Also, how scary pooping is the first time after a vaginal birth!
    Trust me pooping was terrifying after a Caesar too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    Trust me pooping was terrifying after a Caesar too
    I found pooing after c-section easy after 2 natural births. I did not expect to get haemorrhoids though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh speaking of hemmoroids, the constipation following a c section can be pretty intense, it took me a good 4-5 weeks to get back to normal! I had to take laxatives for the first 3 weeks and was eating a very high fibre diet and drinking lots of water and it still took a long time to get normal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That the midwives saying 'wait as long as you can before you come in' is not always the best advice

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JD Mumma For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I didn't know you could hire a private midwife?? Is this to take into a public hospital??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew to take some Ural with me (to ease the stinging on your stitches when you wee), but I wish I'd known to stop taking iron tablets sooner, and to BYO Movicol and Yakult- the constipation was awful for weeks after my VB, due to antibiotics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't wear socks