+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default So sad about my feelings

This might be a little long...

I have had two molar pregnancies one of those was an abortion naturally taken out of my hands after this happened I was a total mess. With my ex DP we tried for ages to have a baby and it didn't work. We broke up, I got my life back on track and finally got myself into university and met a new partner.

I found out we were pregnant in August and I thought I couldn't get rid of this baby. My partner is the most supportive person ever. Me on the other hand I'm picking fights over anything, I'm not excited about anything. Shopping, the baby kicking, even at the scans I don't cry but he does.

I thought it would be because I just needed to know my 12 week scan was okay, then that came and now the 20 has come and thats fine but I'm still anxious and I still cannot relax and even enjoy this or be happy.

I tried talking to my doctor and she said it was just 'hormones'? I am inclined to think its prenatal depression. I feel like i'm going to be a terrible mother once our daughter is born and its really impacting our relationship. I don't want to do anything, we argue a lot because I'm unhappy. I feel like I'm never going to finish my uni degree or return to work, get our house or anything . I have the highest expectations of everything and everyone which always fail me.

Yet I have the most precious miracle in the world inside me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monnie24 i'm sorry that you r feeling so down during such a special time. I think u may benefit from talking to a counsellor. Whether it's pre-natal depression or not it always helps tl vent to someone who's not a friend or family member. Gp's don't know everything and i think some don't 'believe' in depression etc which is unfortunate as they then discourage patients from seing a counsellor when perhaps they should. Anyway, i would make an appointment to see a counsellor/ psychologist for a chat. *hugs*