+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Why do doctors have to be so rude!!!! - vent

Quote Originally Posted by VeganMum View Post
    Shouldn't a doctor know about allergies!! Wikipedia is hardly a reputable source of information either, I would have been peeved!!
    Oh I definitely was peeved and disgusted and just glad the visit was bulk billed as would not have wanted to pay for it. My next visit I saw his usual gp. I don't expect gp's to know everything but I've been to others where they don't but they look it up in their own database or like his usual gp, consults her medical textbooks. Google, Wikipedia...nope, ridiculous

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lansta View Post
    Oh I definitely was peeved and disgusted and just glad the visit was bulk billed as would not have wanted to pay for it. My next visit I saw his usual gp. I don't expect gp's to know everything but I've been to others where they don't but they look it up in their own database or like his usual gp, consults her medical textbooks. Google, Wikipedia...nope, ridiculous
    Oh yeah I was going to ask if you paid because I would have refused!!
    Google can be a great way to research things but you generally have to go through a lot of rubbish to find something reputable. But when it comes to medicine I don't think it's appropriate at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ended up getting admitted to emergency overnight after sudden onset of the pain again, but ridiculously severe. That will show you stupid gp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gosh I hope you're ok!! Keep us updated on how you are and what the diagnoses is.

And make sure that doctor and some sort of governing authority knows they IGNORED you and made you feel stupid and then you ended up in friggen hospital. Totally uncool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    Gosh I hope you're ok!! Keep us updated on how you are and what the diagnoses is.And make sure that doctor and some sort of governing authority knows they IGNORED you and made you feel stupid and then you ended up in friggen hospital. Totally uncool.
    Eugh the hospital didn't know what was wrong either apart from the fact it's not appendicitis, and to go have the scan my gp booked, follow up there and return to emergency if the pain comes back/worsens.

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    gallstones?

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds horribly painful! Hopefully the scan will show something and can get it sorted! Fingers crossed x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblena View Post
    gallstones?
    it was left side.... I think gallstones are right side?

Quote Originally Posted by VeganMum View Post
    Sounds horribly painful! Hopefully the scan will show something and can get it sorted! Fingers crossed x
    Ta I was almost hoping it was appendix, because that's easily fixed. All I know is next time I have that much pain, there had a better be a baby coming out my vajayjay.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had gallstones that went diagnosed for months because I had pain on both sides and my idiot doctor refused to send me for an ultrasound to even check. Was higher just under my breasts though. Not saying that's what it is, but pain can sometimes appear where it shouldn't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs nv View Post
    I had gallstones that went diagnosed for months because I had pain on both sides and my idiot doctor refused to send me for an ultrasound to even check. Was higher just under my breasts though. Not saying that's what it is, but pain can sometimes appear where it shouldn't!
    Thanks, had a bit of pain up there as well, will have to see what the scan says. They were also thinking some sort of intestinal colic was causing it.

hooray for morphine and endone!!