+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *Spin Off* What's the strangest thing/s YOU do?!

I count really strange things obsessively.
    Like words - I'll see a street sign, say it is "Thompson St". Each letter is 1 value, but then the area in the middle of the o's and p count as 1 as well. So that's worth 12. I count peoples faces as well; a face is worth 15. Each eye is 3 (black bit, coloured bit, white bit), nostrils are 1 each, nose is 1, and mouth is 6 - each lip is one, tongue is 1, area under tongue is 1, teeth are 1, and gums are 1. I think it's the different colours that I'm counting.

I'll sometimes look harder to reduce or increase the number to make it an even number or a multiple of 5 because its neater.

Also not surprisingly, my car air conditioner is always on 18, 20 (my favourite coz it's even AND a multiple of 5), 22 or 24. I can't stand looking at it and seeing it on 23, even though its usually the most comfortable temperature. Same goes with TV / radio volume.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I always have to do a wee last thing before I leave the house no matter when I last went.

My toilet roll must be flap over the top not dangling down the wall.

I often catch myself blinking only when I see the guide post on the side of the road. My eyes get really burny waiting for one sometimes on a road trip :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Wow, some of you are .... special? lol.
    I don't think I do anything strange, but if hubby isn't home I have to sleep with the sheet up around my head with just my nose poking out, even when it is boiling hot! Therefore i cant see ghosts and the robbers wont find me! When he is home, or any other adult is in the house, I can sleep without the sheet on at all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I can't think of any weird quirks of my own but my DH has loads!

He counts the letters in words and doesn't like looking at words with an odd number of letters!

He eats the contents of his plate one ingredient at a time, never mixed. He always eats the veg or salad first and saves his meat until last.

He can't sit while on the phone, he paces.

He doesn't count food as a 'meal' if it doesn't contain meat. He will define it as a snack..

He can't sleep on the right side of a bed.

He can't tell his left from his right - I think this is actually some sort of mild undiagnosed dyslexia type thing.

I am sure there are loads more that I can't think of at the moment!

Thanks
    Reviews

I like fruit and I like yogurt - but not together. I hate enjoying a creamy mango yogurt and then encountering a piece of mango in my mouthful of yogurt, so I eat around the fruit 😝 It needs to be just creamy and smooth, not with chunks in it! If I don't like the texture of a food when I'm eating it, then I don't eat it again.

Oh, as a kid I couldn't read anything without grouping the letters of words into lots of 2.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: *Spin Off* What's the strangest thing/s YOU do?!

Quote Originally Posted by LauraH80 View Post
    I like fruit and I like yogurt - but not together.
    I'm this way about fruit and icecream together. My mum used to give me tinned fruit salad with icecream when I was a kid & I hated it. I'm not that mad about icecream with other chunks either, but icecream is my favourite food so I usually get over it if the choice is icecream with chunks or no icecream!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: *Spin Off* What's the strangest thing/s YOU do?!

Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    My forks and spoons have to be stacked neatly in the cutlery drawer otherwise I get angry. I hate that knives don't stack.
    My DH is the same!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    I'm this way about fruit and icecream together. My mum used to give me tinned fruit salad with icecream when I was a kid & I hated it. I'm not that mad about icecream with other chunks either, but icecream is my favourite food so I usually get over it if the choice is icecream with chunks or no icecream!

Yep, same with fruit and ice cream or fruit with cream. A trifle is one of my worst food nightmares! 😄😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have to tap the tab thingo in a can of drink before I crack it open.

When I eat toast I eat the bottom crust then the 2 sides then the middle leaving the top crust in eaten. I figure the crusts are not as mice as the middle so I 'save' the middle to eat.

My bedside clock and the one in the car are deliberately set fast so I won't be late to work. Eg the bedside clock is 22 mins fast so when my alarm goes off I think it's 620am and have to get up but it's really only 6 so i have plenty if time. Drives DH insane!!?

Thanks
    Reviews

If I have a magazine or a newspaper, I have to read every single page, even the classifieds. Also no one can touch it until I've finished reading. And I go absolutely mental if people read over my shoulder!!!! Grrr.

I also don't really like being touched, like hugging and kissing grosses me out. Especially if I think they're an icky person.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lewbaby For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (04-01-2013)