+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default *Spin Off* What's the strangest thing/s YOU do?!

I also only ever use matching pegs (colour and brand) on my clothes.

I always turn the car keys off and remove from ignition instantly when I pull up, instead of putting shoes etc on in the cool air. Annoys my husband greatly.

I get a hair cut yet instantly wear it up (usually knot style) till my next hair cut.

I like pulling on my ear lobes every evening as its like a mini massage and relaxes me lol

I also can't hang one item on the clothes line by itself in fear of it getting loney lol.

Same as pens I have to get out of bed if I think of a pencil sitting by itself? So strange.

Can't think of anything else right now.
    Last edited by 1CrazyMoose; 03-01-2013 at 12:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    I have a lot of weird things im sure. I can't peg things on the line by themselves. Like I cannot have the washing out but one pair of shorts on its own line, I worry that the item of clothing will get lonely?

I eat food in even numbered mouthfuls. Eg 2 chips, 4 chips etc. Never 1 chip or 3 chips.
    And soooo many more im sure.
    I do both these things! Dp thinks I'd nuts when I eat.

With the clothes I have to add: the kids clothes can't be on the ends. Mine or dps clothes have to be on each side to 'protect' them.

I also have to tap things 6 times before I open then (soft drink cans, tuna etc).

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't have time to be as ocd as I use too, kids take up too much time the only thing I have retained is I have to hang the washing out in sections- all the stuff that get's ironed together than I hang everyone's other clothes next to each other. All the underwear and 'smalls' get hung together and I have to take them off the line first. I also hang things that join together next to each other ie I would never hand shorts/pants on the same line as a tee-shirt because you can't minimize peg usage/save space...even though I have enough pegs and space hubby tries to help me sometimes and it drives me nuts, he doesn't hang it out right

Also I like my dishes stacked a certain way and I hate when hubby doesn't do it my way and I have to put them away the next morning or worse, when he stacks things we might need down the very bottom.

I've also gone through 6 cleaners because none of them clean to my standards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my name is J...... and I'm a labeller addict. No, seriously I am. I recently went and bought about 15 storage bins all different sizes and went through the whole house and put everything in the bins with a label attached to the outside. So there's a "Tools" storage bin, a "Power cords/powerboards/internet cables/TV cables" bin, a "King bed sheet sets", a "King bed quilt sets" and it goes on and on. Looks amazing but DH thinks I have serious issues!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I meet a woman whose name has been in a song, I think of that song when I think of them (eg. "Come on Eileen!")

I hate touching dorknobs with my bare hand. I'll use my sleeve or wash my hand after I've touched it.

If my DD falls asleep in the car after a trip out, I sit in my parked car at home reading a book about serial killers until she wakes up. As you do

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellymoe For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (04-01-2013),RobinSparkles  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a few but the one that causes me the most angst is when people aren't good with time management...

By this I mean when DH starts preparing veggies before defrosting the meat. Such a waste of time! The meat could be in microwave WHILE he's chopping other things. Or, you should turn the computer on, then go do something else that needs to happen while its warming up. No point sitting there staring at a slow computer warm up. Such a waste of 5 minutes.

Or if ppl dont drive/walk/travel in the most direct route. I was almost hyperventilating in the car with MIL because she was going the long way bw my house and hers. I know it's because she enjoys the view more, but still, I could feel my heart pounding.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to peasmum For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I have this exact same issue with multiples of 3. I love the letter 'W' for this reason (ie it has 3 syllables). I'm not so bad these days but when I was a kid I had to find a way to break down words and sentences into 3 letter syllables or I couldn't move on.

Maybe it's a lawyer thing?
    Oh wow, I've never heard of anyone else loving syllables like me! Yes must be us loony lawyers.

I do it with things like numberplates too - I love it when I read a numberplate and it has a multiple of 4 syllables, if it doesn't I have to find a way to say it so it does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have another one! I count how many buttons are on remotes!

Thanks
    Reviews

I have to put my right shoe on before my left.

I must do things in evens. For example, I like having the music volume in my car on an even number.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are a bit strange...
    I have this facial movement thing that i do. I'll open my eyes really wide, squint them, flare my nostrils or wiggle my ears over and over. I look like im crazy and try not to do it in public. Its hard to explain, i have control over it. I choose to do it but i HAVE to do it! Its like an addiction or something and if i dont do it my face just doesnt feel right. The muscles in my face get so tense from doing it that i usually have a rotten head ache everyday!

And another thing that i do that is easy to hide so nobody knows that i do it is when i walk on a path or something i count how many steps i take in each section and i wont step on the cracks.