+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinahbee View Post
    My mind instantly makes nicknames for people, I can't control it! Like DD used to have silent reflux and she used to vomit all the time, so I started calling her vomit girl?! How horrible haha, but I don't really ever call her by her name now and when strangers hear me say 'momit girl', they automatically think her name is momit :/ I call everyone by my the nick name I've made for them, most don't seem to mind but I think it's really weird :/
    Oh my god, I do this! Everyone has a nickname, my husband and I can have a whole convo just using random names we call people.

I have a lot of weird things im sure. I can't peg things on the line by themselves. Like I cannot have the washing out but one pair of shorts on its own line, I worry that the item of clothing will get lonely?

I lock all doors all the time. I regularly lock my husband out of the house by mistake when he goes outside, drives him nuts.

I can't sleep with my feet uncovered in case something under the bed gets them.

I eat food in even numbered mouthfuls. Eg 2 chips, 4 chips etc. Never 1 chip or 3 chips.
    And soooo many more im sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't hang my feet off the side of the bed at night, think that stems from being a child and fearing something is underneath. I also can't look in the mirror at night with no light on. I think another childhood horror movie phobia.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default *Spin Off* What's the strangest thing/s YOU do?!

Ha I love reading about people's quirks!!

Mine is washing related. When I take it off the line the socks undies and bibs MUST be at the bottom. I have to carefully scan the line before I move on.

After the socks and undies are done the kid's clothes come next. They must lay on top of the undies.

On top of the basket are all mine and DH's clothes. I seriously get stressed if the washing is taken off any other way! I'm not sure why I do this but it sure does make folding easier (big clothes on the bottom and small stuff on top).

I always giggle at a friend of mine whose pegs must be matching colours when she hangs out the washing. She thinks I'M the weird one lol!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I have to tell the cats where I'm going and when ill be back every time I leave the house. In case they worry... !! Lol

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah I have a few... the first that come to mind are kind of similar to what others have posted:
    Firstly this is DH's quirk which I have "caught" over the many years I've been forced to do it... the TV volume has to be on an even number... no 11's or 23's.. haha.. sometimes if we're arguing and sitting together watching TV, I'll turn the volume up or down and purposely leave it on an odd number just to irk him He see's it on the screen and squirms but I pretend it's innocent.

I can't leave the microwave unless the screen has cleared. It can't be left with 2 seconds or whatever on display, it simply MUST be clear!

Um... that's it really.. except the toilet paper thing, but I think that's a common quirk; it has to be over NOT under!

I love these threads!

Thanks
    Reviews

I hoard batteries, especially AA & AAA. Just because they're too flat for a toy doesn't mean they won't give me a few more weeks in a remote or clock!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take one shoe off before entering my house lol fr good reason though,I get an electric shock if I dont haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so ocd its not funny. I think i'm a bleach addict... I am constantly cleaning and living with my MIL gives me anxiety.

I can't sleep on sheets that aren't cotton and higher than 500 count.
    I mute tv adds
    I don't drink the last bit of milk in the container
    I eat watermelon with tomato sauce and cheese- TRUST me its good.
    I talk to my dogs and animals like they are human beings- they get dressed up in little outfits LOL. My DP says its animal cruelty... WHATEVER
    I hate it when people don't wash things seperately! OMFG hello? whites are whites for a reason
    I hate people who cook in plastic think of all the chemicals i'm very ocd about using glass for everything lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like to fold the end of the toilet paper into a triangle at other peoples places (like they do at hotels). I've been doing it for years now, and I'm still waiting for someone to notice.

Thanks
    Reviews

Must hang all clothes on line the right way out and with matching clothes pegs

Must take off clothes from clothes line in order of bedrooms/drawers.

Clothes in my half of wardrobe and in the girls cupboard are arranged first by item ie dress/shirts/skirts/pants etc then by colour (darkest to lightest).

I fold undies/bras to put them in my drawers (used to put them according to colour after ironing but don't have the time for it anymore).

Books are the shelves alphabetically by author then in order of height with the range by the author.

Meat/poultry must sit on it's own shelf in fridge

I rotate groceries - new stuff at the back of pantry and older good at front. I used to use post it notes on tins to indicate dates of purchase by DH thinks that's nutty.

I put away stuff constantly and it gets on dh's nerves cos as he takes out stuff ie keys wallet - I see them on the bench and put it away.

Lastly I pretend not to notice dh's side of the bed.