+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *Spin Off* What's the strangest thing/s YOU do?!

I like my washing hung out a certain way (which to me is the only/right way)
    Hang tops by their bottoms and hang bottoms (pants etc) by their tops 2 pegs each, i each for socks & underwear.

I have a mini freak out if MIL has hung my washing out when she's babysitting cause she joins the clothes together by overlapping the edges and sharing one peg - does my head in and i can't wait for her to leave so i can fix it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    I like my washing hung out a certain way (which to me is the only/right way)
    Hang tops by their bottoms and hang bottoms (pants etc) by their tops 2 pegs each, i each for socks & underwear.

I have a mini freak out if MIL has hung my washing out when she's babysitting cause she joins the clothes together by overlapping the edges and sharing one peg - does my head in and i can't wait for her to leave so i can fix it
    I do the same, and hate seeing how others do it 'wrong'

I hate when people leave the pegs on the line, instead of in the peg basket!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: *Spin Off* What's the strangest thing/s YOU do?!

Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I do the same, and hate seeing how others do it 'wrong'

I hate when people leave the pegs on the line, instead of in the peg basket!
    Me too- to how you hang out the washing and pegs.
    My ex would drive me nuts. He hangs pants by their bottoms and shirts by their tops and leaves pegs all over the clothes line...aarrghh..lol.
    I also have to hang shirts/pants out the front on the same line then socks/undies on a seperate line towards the back- just doesn't feel right otherwise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Yeah I have some differences of opinion to my mum about how washing should be done.

Several times when I was pregnant she brought in washing for me.

I don't get into peg coordinating but I do sort my washing as I hang it out because it's easier to rummage through wet clothes and hang them out by who they belong to, pants, tops, pjs, undies then fold them into washing baskets straight off the line into piles.

Mum would stand and pull things off in order that she reached for them and bring in a messy pile of unfolded unsorted clothes.

Or she'd bring it all in WET and said where do you want me to hang it they just need to air out. Umm BACK on the clothesline thanks!!!

After several times explaining you are creating More work for me by 'helping'

She also hung out things randomly not understanding we had a tiny clothes line so you can't put three things on each line so then I'd have to take them down and re hang them.

Bless her cotton socks for trying but it really ****ed me off when I was very pregnant and somehow she thought I was being polite when I said don't touch my washing!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I'm fairly certain though this belongs in strange things I do than family because I'm. Sure normal people would just be grateful someone came over to help with the house work when you are pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Speaking of hating the feeling of wooden things... I can't touch paddle pop sticks, I have to wrap them in the ice block wrapper to eat them, and it makes me want to throw up if I accidentally lick or bite the stick. Hubby loves it coz he gets 1 1/2 ice creams / ice blocks coz I'm scared to eat too close to the stick in case my mouth touches it.

This also goes for wooden spoons - I can only use ones that are smooth and stained / painted. Hubby likes to use a rough wooden spoon when he cooks but I can't wash it after he uses it because it feels 50 times worse when it's wet.
    OMG me too..I just got goosebumps and my tongue went all weird reading that! Arrgghh yuck...

I also cannot stand touching furry fruit like peaches and apricot..even though I love the taste of them..I can't bear to touch them to peel them! Sometimes my DH will peel them for me. and when I buy them I have to use the plastic bad to pick them up so I dont touch them! Argghh..goosebumps again..ickk

Thanks
    Reviews

I discovered today that I do something strange....... When I make a sandwich, I like the bread to line up properly, the bumps on the edges have to line up like it does in the loaf. Aparently wanting a neat looking sandwich is strange.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to becca022 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (05-01-2013),Funchu  (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill be back

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    The weirdest one would be that I bite the inside of my cheeks...ALL.THE.TIME.

It's a strange habit I've had since I was a child and I am yet to be able to break it.
    I do that too! Often I'll poke my cheek with my knuckle and chew.

Thanks
    Reviews

Just when I thought I didn't do anything strange (after reading through page after page of funny idiosyncrasies).... The paddle pop stick one got me. Erghhhh and the description of the wet rough spoon made my skin crawl! Lol!!!