+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I have a 10kg Samsung front loader with direct drive. The cotton cycle is the longest at 2 hours but I just use daily wash at 52 mins... Spins at 1400rpm and I absolutely love it! I always owned top loaders and was hesitant to make the swap... Because I got such a large machine everything gets washed really well and the fact it spins at 1400 seriously.... The washing is practically dry after all that spinning!
    I have this one as well. My new towels aren't as soft any more. Any suggestions on what cycle will keep them nice and fluffy? I use fabric softener but it doesn't seem to do much except make it smell nice. Mind you I usually wash in cold water to save money.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What washing machine do you have?

LG TurboDrum 10kgs- I have only had it couple months cos we bought it when our old one died & I love it, it doesnt have the pole in the middle so can fit big blankets etc in it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by NomieTee View Post
    I have this one as well. My new towels aren't as soft any more. Any suggestions on what cycle will keep them nice and fluffy? I use fabric softener but it doesn't seem to do much except make it smell nice. Mind you I usually wash in cold water to save money.
    Hang them on the line to get rid of the excess water and when they're a little damp, pop them in the dryer for about 10 minutes! My towels still feel as fluffy and soft as when I bought them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    Hang them on the line to get rid of the excess water and when they're a little damp, pop them in the dryer for about 10 minutes! My towels still feel as fluffy and soft as when I bought them
    No dryer here unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I did have a front loader but it wasn't great, it was a 5kg and never big enough, plus the quick wash option took over an hour and the economy wash was 3 hours!! I got a near new Samsung diamond drum 7.5kg top loader recently and it is by far the best machine I've ever owned! It's actually more water efficient than the front loader and much quicker wash times. There is 6 of us (2 adults, 1 teen, 5 year old, 2 year old, and 4 month old plus a house mate for several months) and it easily fits everything in, even our big blankets etc that never for in the front loader.

ETA; I have never had the "crunchy" clothes problem with the top loader- with the front loader I ended up using fabric softener, but don't need to with the front loader.
    I have the same machine and I love it! There's 6 of us too, dp, myself, 8yo, 5yo, 3yo and 9mo and fits all of our daily washing in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

We have a 7kg LG intello front loader.

I love it. Had no problems at all. That's for the 3 of us. I think it's plenty big enough, our quick time is only 20 or 30 mins!!
    I do a load every 2 days. But lately I've been a bit lazy (ms) and leaving most of it for my cleaner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: What washing machine do you have?

7.5kg samsung front load, fantastic

Dont ever ever ever buy electrolux, or anything from that group. Customer service is crap.

My electrolux bearings went and the whole drum dropped after 2yrs 2 months. fought tooth and nail to get it fixed under warranty, 18 months later same problem (onlu 3 month warrant on repair!)

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have a 7.5kg FP top loader, it's about 10 years old though! We have never had any issues with it and we have moved 6 times with it my mum had the same machine (bought about 5 years before I got mine) and she has just replaced it last year with the newer agitator free one (which I drool over due to the functions and safety features!!!) when mine kicks the bucket I will replace it with the same one (given it's still the latest one).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by NomieTee View Post
    No dryer here unfortunately.
    This is what I was going to suggest... I can't really help you... How hard and stiff towels are has got to do with how hard your water is etc etc. I don't use softener as it's bad for the environment, the washing machine and your clothes (and it makes me sneeze!). Maybe try bicarb in the wash and a half cup of vinegar to the rinse?

Personally I love dry, crisp towels... They seem to dry me quicker when I get out of the shower.. Even if they are a bit scratchy lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Try drying them inside, they go crunchy when they fast

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**