+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What washing machine do you have?

Our washing machine is starting to go downhill. DH has had it since he was single living out of home so would be about 7 years old. It's a Samsung 6.5kg top loader. It's been fine but the lint collector keeps falling out during the cycle and its just not big enough. There are now 4 of us in the family. So what type of washing machine do you have? What size? Top vs front loader?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I did have a front loader but it wasn't great, it was a 5kg and never big enough, plus the quick wash option took over an hour and the economy wash was 3 hours!! I got a near new Samsung diamond drum 7.5kg top loader recently and it is by far the best machine I've ever owned! It's actually more water efficient than the front loader and much quicker wash times. There is 6 of us (2 adults, 1 teen, 5 year old, 2 year old, and 4 month old plus a house mate for several months) and it easily fits everything in, even our big blankets etc that never for in the front loader.

ETA; I have never had the "crunchy" clothes problem with the top loader- with the front loader I ended up using fabric softener, but don't need to with the front loader.
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 02-01-2013 at 22:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have a Bosch front loader. 4 years old, works fantastic I read choice reviews before purchasing

Advice-

Bad back don't get one! I avoid washing because of this...
    I don't like soaking in my front loader for my whites etc (extra dirty clothes) so I use a bucket!
    Even leaving the door open it has got the grossest amount of mould on the seal in getting it replaced!! I've tried bleaching, clove oil everything..... Nothing has worked
    I find I use less washing powder but again the back issue!!
    Quick wash 15 mins (I do all my clothes on this) except DP's plumbing clothes I do in 50 degree water because I'm anal haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: What washing machine do you have?

I have a bosch front loader.. It's nothing to rave about. It doesn't clean anywhere near as good as my old top loader, has no cold wash options and most cycles are quite long.
    I think the best thing about a front loader is it's size/shape and the fact you can put a dryer on top.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have an ASKO 7kg front loader.

It cleans beautifully, but has long wash cycles. A normal wash is around 1hr 20min, a quick wash generally around 40mins...

It adjusts the cycle time depending on the weight of the clothes and how full the barrel is. So sometimes it might be 1hr 10mins and other times it might be 2hr 30mins! But we tend to do our washing at night, just before bed.... so I don't really care how long it takes, it washes while we sleep and we hang it in the morning.

It gets stuff lovely and clean though with very little detergent.

ETA: I specifically bought this one over others as it does have a 'cold' wash option, and lots of others don't. We always wash on cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have a Samsung 8kg top loader, I've had it for 3 years and never had a problem.

I love that it can wash big loads of washing.
    It has auto sensing so adjust the wash time to how much washing there is.
    It probably has more functions that I have never discovered lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

LG 10kg top loader. I love that I can fit all our dirty crap in there in one load :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Samsung 10.5 kilo front loader washing machine. Bought it last November. Wouldn't recommend it, not happy with it. No matter how little soap you use everything goes crunchy, to get clothes 'clean' or mark free I have to use a Cotton cycle (takes 3-4 hours) and has been putting tiny little holes in all of my clothes. I miss my LG! I do like how much I can wash and how little detergent and water it uses (very efficient), but the negatives def outweigh the positives here!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What washing machine do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by spunkles View Post
    I have a Samsung 10.5 kilo front loader washing machine. Bought it last November. Wouldn't recommend it, not happy with it. No matter how little soap you use everything goes crunchy, to get clothes 'clean' or mark free I have to use a Cotton cycle (takes 3-4 hours) and has been putting tiny little holes in all of my clothes. I miss my LG! I do like how much I can wash and how little detergent and water it uses (very efficient), but the negatives def outweigh the positives here!
    On regard to crunchyness try lowering the spin cycle speed I've heard this helps the crunchy clothes outcome

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Miele front loader. Love it. I use the 30 minute wash for cold or I reduce the cotton wash down to 40 minutes on 30 degrees.