+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How did you choose your wedding 'theme'

You should so do wedding planning! Hahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hahaha! That would be my dream job!

Thanks
    Reviews

Subscribing as I am getting married in November and still need to organise everything! Haha we have a venue though. Garden wedding with an onsite reception venue that has like a classic French vintage kind of feel..... Who wants to give me ideas?!? Hehe please?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How did you choose your wedding 'theme'

I'm not even close to getting married but I have already planned it lol my theme is going to be daisies and lace, incorporating a pale yellow colour theme. the style will be boho, laid back, no shoes on the beach kinda thing. I'll have a daisy bouquet and wear a lace scarf on my head. bridesmaid dresses with all be pale yellow but different styles.
    as you can see I've put a lot of time and thought into this day, all I need now is for dp to get his a into g and propose lol

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I love the colour red, for romance. And found beautiful bridesmaids in a perfect valentine red shade.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: How did you choose your wedding 'theme'

Quote Originally Posted by tashaplus2 View Post
    Subscribing as I am getting married in November and still need to organise everything! Haha we have a venue though. Garden wedding with an onsite reception venue that has like a classic French vintage kind of feel..... Who wants to give me ideas?!? Hehe please?
    I would follow through with that. Anything pretty and glamorous... So lace, pastels, hydrangeas, finger curled hair, birdcage veil.

Thanks
    Reviews

We just had deep red roses, white lilies and a bit of black. Pretty basic and easy to work with but also looks really elegant

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I would follow through with that. Anything pretty and glamorous... So lace, pastels, hydrangeas, finger curled hair, birdcage veil.
    Thanks for that. I'm also thinking maybe dusty pink for bridesmaids. Or yellow? I've always liked yellow lol

Thanks
    Reviews

I didn't mean to think of a wedding theme, but I came across it on an Internet forum. It was the first time I saw a theme and thought 'wow I could go somewhere with that!' others left me thinking 'umm and then what?'

The theme was Australiana. It was a starting point for most of our ideas - the location/reception, the flowers, the colours, the cars, the invites, the cake, the favours etc. We did stray from it in a number of ways but it was good to have something that all our ideas could stem from. My dress definitely isn't vintage/rustic like a lot of the things at the wedding were, but it was very 'me'. I agree as others say to chose a theme that suits you, that has meaning to you.

It suited us, we love camping and exploring the country. We just thought it worked

So we had
    - Native Australian flowers
    - Bridesmaid dresses/groomsmen ties an 'earthy' colour, Sage.
    - Car was a Buick (American) but had Australian history - was the car imported for the prime minister in the 1940s
    - Reception and ceremony at Inglewood Estate, Kangaroo Ground (google it, it was beautiful!)
    - the cake was a traditional three tiered cake, but the top layer was a lamington!
    - favours, we did a lolly buffet with all Australian lollies, red skins, Jaffas, Minties etc.

The wedding was just a week and a half ago and it was the most amazing day of our lives! Biggest compliments were for the flowers and how they tied in so beautifully with the scenery and our dresses.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by LittleLadyBojangles; 28-01-2013 at 06:48.

Thanks
    Reviews

Some more photos... The cake and a close up of one of my bridesmaids with the flowers