+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How did you choose your wedding 'theme'

Quote Originally Posted by lolly137 View Post
    I always dreamed of a colourful, classic wedding as I love colours, DH didn't care (he would of been happy getting married in a registry office lol). So we had 3 bridesmaids in different colours (cornflour blue, lemon and mint green) with white and pink flowers. These 4 colours were the main colours for our Spring wedding with scatterings of other colours elsewhere
    Good minds think alike!
    We had green, watermelon, purple & blue! I wore white & the bridesmaids had white flowers & I had colorful

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: How did you choose your wedding 'theme'

My dh has been known to have slightly flamboyant taste and had a vest made which was red with cherry blossoms on it. Every time w went somewhere he would want to wear it, It is lovely but too formal for most things so I would always say "not this time", so when we got engaged I said "why don't you wear your vest for the wedding and theme the wedding around it". He was very happy with that and so was i.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 02-01-2013 at 19:12.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hubby picked our colour. He loved the Mazda 3 blue colour so we went with that and also white to resemble the bride and black to resemble the groom. Turned out great.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Red for the first flowers DF bought me (beautiful deep red roses) and ivory. As I am still planning my wedding I'm not sure if I will add gold or silver into the theme yet

Thanks
    Reviews

I had always wanted a black/white wedding but when I picked my wedding venue I didn't like black anymore so ended up with a beautiful blue/green (Atlantic) coloured dresses for my girls.

Haven't picked flowers yet but thinking just ivory.

It's a rustic venue so don't want anything too fancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am meant to be getting married by the bay which has a beautiful green/blue colour to the water. So I chose that colour and ran with it. The bridesmaids dresses are a beautiful colour called seamist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends what season you're getting married, where, and what theme you're having. Like the venue and where photos will be taken can make a difference, and if it's winter in Melbourne for example bright yellow is just wrong. (for example)
    Then ofcourse what flowers you like, some only have so many colours to choose from in their season.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I chose a BM dress and then looked for it in a gorgeous shade of my favourite colour. It was spring so the theme flowed from there - greenery and leaves, etc etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Choose your dress n try n find bridesmaids dresses before locking in a theme. So many of my friends changed their theme after buying their dress... What u fall in love with can set the theme for u! For us, we found the venue set the theme. We were very lucky to find a gorgeous little vineyard with open out cafe blinds n the theme of bring the outside in just happened. My biggest suggestion is though, don't get too hung up on a theme as it will blow ur budget out, we just went with what we had and had a beautiful day!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    Depends what season you're getting married, where, and what theme you're having. Like the venue and where photos will be taken can make a difference, and if it's winter in Melbourne for example bright yellow is just wrong. (for example)
    Then ofcourse what flowers you like, some only have so many colours to choose from in their season.
    There are so many more alternatives to flowers... I had buttons

Our colours went off the suit that dh wanted, everything worked really well around it. You don't have to go extreme with your colour/theme, we just added subtle touches of it. Another thing to consider is colours that will/won't suit your bridesmaids.