+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dad pays a morgage on a country property that they go to occasionally . They live in a unit at an old people's home that my step mum works out. They get it dirt cheap as they live in old ones that are being systematically knocked down as the home are rebuilding all new independent units . Only problem is they have to keep moving as their current one is knocked down . I couldn't be bothered. They have double income but dad reckons they can't afford a morgage in the city. Umm ok.

Mum never tells people what she wants from them so when they fail to deliver she gets all matyr like . It does my head in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Corned silverside? Cos we buy silverside roast (virginia roast) sometimes - we use it for sukiyaki but it is generally for roasting. Perhaps that's why she's confused. Corned is definitely for boiling though.
    oh ya its corned silverside, she wouldn't know about any types of silverside as we dont have it where we're from... she just thinks she knows better even tho I've been living here for 12 yrs!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are the strangest things your relatives do?

My family are entirely normal, of course. It's my in-laws that are nut cases

Thanks
    Reviews

Years ago I was engaged to a man but his family really took the prize for weird!

His mother had a plastic cup over the hot tap in the kitchen, told me it didn't work... I used the kettle to get hot water to wash up for like four years before I found out it did work!

They turned their hot water service off after showers.

She washed everything by hand but spun water out in washing machine.

Had an icecream container for all the used soap ends... To melt down later... Ewww gross!

Would put ex-f's clean clothes into shopping bags, tie them up and leave on the end of his bed.

And she thought her other son's MIL was weird because she saved every piece of tin foil she used and kept a big ball of it under her sink!

The dad had never ever had a pie in his life... Only ever 3 meat and vege... Every day!

But the real end of the relationship came when we had been house hunting almost a year every weekend, only for me to find out he had already bought a house six months early and had tenants in it!
    His mum told him to keep it a secret!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pickledpink View Post
    Years ago I was engaged to a man but his family really took the prize for weird!

His mother had a plastic cup over the hot tap in the kitchen, told me it didn't work... I used the kettle to get hot water to wash up for like four years before I found out it did work!

They turned their hot water service off after showers.

She washed everything by hand but spun water out in washing machine.

Had an icecream container for all the used soap ends... To melt down later... Ewww gross!

Would put ex-f's clean clothes into shopping bags, tie them up and leave on the end of his bed.

And she thought her other son's MIL was weird because she saved every piece of tin foil she used and kept a big ball of it under her sink!

The dad had never ever had a pie in his life... Only ever 3 meat and vege... Every day!

But the real end of the relationship came when we had been house hunting almost a year every weekend, only for me to find out he had already bought a house six months early and had tenants in it!
    His mum told him to keep it a secret!
    I'm not sure why you didn't marry him, he sounds so trustworthy .....

Strange :/

Thanks
    Reviews

I only just found this one out the thee day! When my mum and step dad go on holidays, they purposely drive their other car around until it has almost no petrol and then they take the other car on holidays..... That way, if someone breaks in and steals the car they won't be able to get very far!!! Hahahaha
    I had to remind my mum that robbers also know how to use petrol stations! still makes me laugh.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

Alicia92  (02-01-2013),Ashley595  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

We freeze bread. . But only because our cat chews through the plastic if we don't lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Youngmummy2bee For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    I only just found this one out the thee day! When my mum and step dad go on holidays, they purposely drive their other car around until it has almost no petrol and then they take the other car on holidays..... That way, if someone breaks in and steals the car they won't be able to get very far!!! Hahahaha
    I had to remind my mum that robbers also know how to use petrol stations! still makes me laugh.
    Ahh, but then they will be recorded on the petrol station CCTV!! So they can CATCH the car thief!

These are hilarious. Although I must admit I keep butter containers - I plan to make my own butter one day and want something to put in it when I eventually get around to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of these strange things are gold. Love them.

My MIL makes the yummiest slices and she is so pedantic she has a ruler that fits in her slice tins so she can measure each piece exactly 5cm x 5cm so when she takes slice anywhere or puts it out for guests it all looks perfect (and no fighting over who gets the biggest slice). The left over end bits that didnt measure up get put in a purposely saved butter container and given to us when we visit or when she comes over to visit. Its awesome I love it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I once found a Mrs McGregors butter container in her cupboard, I don't think it has been sold since the 80's!
    laughing:
    I guess you mean marg? I saw some at a friends house the other day. As they were putting on bread I guess it wasn't from the 80's!