+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What are the strangest things your relatives do?

Ha ha some of these are hilarious!

If we are out for dinner & someone has leftover meat they didn't eat my MIL wraps it up in bags she specifically carries around in her handbag and takes them home for the family dog! WTF, so embarrassing!

Thanks
    Reviews

When my nan posts us something she won't write our names on the envelope, she only writes the po box address. She does this because we are not married and she doesn't want to people at the post office to judge us!!
    We have been together 8 years and nan still signs cards off as 'nan (Maureen)' just in case DP isn't sure who nan is!! Makes me laugh every time we get a card fro her

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Natskyn For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (02-01-2013),Chillies  (02-01-2013),FearlessLeader  (03-01-2013),WineTime  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

When my nan posts us something she won't write our names on the envelope, she only writes the po box address. She does this because we are not married and she doesn't want to people at the post office to judge us!!
    We have been together 8 years and nan still signs cards off as 'nan (Maureen)' just in DP isn't sure who nan is!! Makes me laugh every time we get a card fro her

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Natskyn For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Where did anyone say freezing bread was weird? I don't think anyone's said that.

I just said it was weird that my grandma freezes lots of milk out of concern of running out, these days with 24 hour supermarkets it seems like a strange thing to be concerned about, that's all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    First one that springs to mind would be that my Gran microwaves ice cream so its not too cold to eat bahaha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to inbetweeners For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are the strangest things your relatives do?

The first post says her mum freezes bread...

Sent from my GT-I8150T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are the strangest things your relatives do?

Oops sorry re read she keeps in fridge..

Sent from my GT-I8150T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Natskyn View Post
    We have been together 8 years and nan still signs cards off as 'nan (Maureen)' just in case DP isn't sure who nan is!! Makes me laugh every time we get a card fro her
    hehe thats cute !

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We buy milk/bread in bulk once a week and freeze it...don't think that strange at all!

Um my mum doesn't do anything strange IMO she is pretty normal!

My MIL...um..they never never never eat fresh vegetables always cooked to within an inch of it's life we stayed with them for a week and OMG when we got home we lived on raw veg for like 3 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews

There's lots!
    But one thing is my mum makes icecream in cones for her and my dad and she puts them in a cup standing up in the freezer for later. She told me this saves her time when she wants to eat it (even though she has spent the same amount of time making it, just earlier) :-S