+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    The poor sweetheart though. I actually feel a bit upset now after reading that
    Oh, it is completely heartbreaking for the people who love her. But, also admittedly very, very frustrating after a while. I would never, ever tell anyone who could meet her one day in real life, but anonymously on a forum it feels good to vent about the craziness of the family I have married into! I do still love her dearly, though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    One of the first times my now hubby met my mum she cut a tim tam in half, one half for him, one half for me. Luckily he still married me His mum used to iron his undies so I guess we were even!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm guilty of chopping dishwasher tablets in half, but only because a whole tab creates so many suds that my machine stops mid cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are the strangest things your relatives do?

A pp said something about cooking peas in bicarb... Sounds like mushy peas to me, though it depends what kind of peas though.

My mom also stops to pick up soda cans on the side of the road, you get 10 cents back where I come from, same as SA? It drives me crazy since she'll pull over on the highway to pick them up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    These are hilarious. When I stayed with my nan in my late teens she would ask my friends if they would like to stay for a joint. The poor love meant a joint of beef, for some reason they always declined. Also whilst we were clearing her house I found an enormous jar of used teabags moulding away and she explained that she kept them to place in the bath to keep the dogs hair a beautiful champagne colour.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sydneychick For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

My dad walks his cats on a lead out the front of their house topless, just wearing shorts and thongs. Was sooo embarrassing growing up!

I have to have a bit of everything that's on my plate on eat forkful. I call it "the perfect bite". Drives dh insane as it takes me about an hour to eat a big breakfast!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsreed View Post
    My dad walks his cats on a lead out the front of their house topless, just wearing shorts and thongs. Was sooo embarrassing growing up!

I have to have a bit of everything that's on my plate on eat forkful. I call it "the perfect bite". Drives dh insane as it takes me about an hour to eat a big breakfast!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub
    This just reminded me of something I used to see.. Not a relative but anyway...

When I was delivering Pizzas if I drove past a particular house between 5:30 & 6 pm during summer or 4:30 & 5 in winter there would be a guy standing out front in his Leopard print Speedos watering the garden. He must have been at least 70 and looked like he had been doing this for the whole 70 years. his skin was very dark tanned and rather leathery looking. And if he ordered Pizza he would adjust his watering so he would be out front when the delivery arrived.

Thanks
    Reviews

My boyfriend doesnt own a atm card he goes to the bank
    My dads gf takes any condiments she can not to use at home but keep in her bag for a rainy day she.always has at least one teabag in there incase she goes somewhere they dont have tea

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Il's are such weirdos! Lol.

Mil is another one that boils vegetables to death. Tastes like absolute crap. Sh has to be the worst cook I know.
    She complain to fil about th bottle brush trees around their house being bad for my neices who have asthma, but their golden retriever wh is molting like crazy and their 3 cats have run of the house.
    If one of the cats are asleep on a chair, people should stand and not wake them up.
    Instead of using moisturizer after a shower/bath, she covers herself in baby powder. M talking so she is totally white, and says it's t make her skin smooth.

And il's have never wrapped Xmas or birthday presents at all until dh met me. All the present were just put into piles of who's is who's. Sil still does this for her kids.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are the strangest things your relatives do?

My Nan is one who will keep marg/butter containers, the foam trays that meat are sold on. She uses alot of these in her gardening but the containers are for leftovers.
    She used to buy Homebrand cooking chocolate and eat that as her treat. Yuck!!
    She freezes sweet biscuits and leaves them in the fridge when she gets a few out.
    I remember when I was young, she would always have that laxative that comes in a block, yellow box with fruit on it and have with a cup of tea.
    If she has a bread roll it'll be just half , as a full one is just too filling.

My x-mil she will eat microwave meals for almost every dinner and all her veggies are microwaved very well to.
    She lives 2 blocks from a Woolworths and instead of pushing a trolley home, she'll carry the 6-8 bags home :-/ I go crook at her for doing that.

I always eat my salad/veggies first then the meat as that's the best.
    Toilet paper has to be so it rolls forward and the end isn't touching the wall IYKWIM.
    I always have to rinse dishes once finished and they can't be left in the sink, they've gotta be stacked on the bench and right order. So bowls on top of plates. And I always have an order of how I wash my dishes - drink bottles, glasses/cups/mugs, plates, bowls, containers, cooking pans and dishes then cutlery. If someone washes up differently I feel like its all dirty. So I still wash up but get them to wipe.