+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are the strangest things your relatives do?

Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    DF eats everything on his plate separately. For instanace if he had steak and vegetables he would eat greens first, then carrots pumpkin etc, meat then potatoes are always last. Very weird! He prefers his food not to be touching as well but I don't abide by that, he gets it how I serve it!
    I do this too - usually vegies first, then meat, then pasta/potato - I try to save the best till last and get the yucky stuff out of the way first lol - the only problem is when I get full before I can eat the yummy stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Um... I fold my stuff inside out too (if that's how it was when it came out of the wash)... Im in no hurry to turn it right way out, I'll do that when I wear it or iron it (rarely)
    Same here if DH can't be bothered turning it around for me why should I for him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post

And with chickens- they eat them until they are easily a week old

My grandpa does this!!!! With any meat so gross....thankfully he is nice enough to not try and feed it to the rest of the family and is even able to have a joke about it.

He heard on the radio a big discussion about people who do this with all sorts (milk,meat, etc) and they go around to places and buy 2 day off milk and stuff cheap. One of them lives by the rule 'You have a bit at breakfast, if by lunch you haven't vomited your good to eat the rest'He is always telling me its his new rule!

I don't freeze Milk, personally I think its weird, maybe because the only person I know who does it is my insane step-grandma!

Bread I don't think if weird, but I don't do it because it comes out different (I don't really like much being frozen)

eta: My mil buys very sexy out fits for myself and her other dil's! One of them is the same size as mil and was treated to mil's left overs. Very creepy
    Last edited by F&A; 03-01-2013 at 15:34.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are the strangest things your relatives do?

My grandma does that - everything in her pantry is out of date! But apparently when she was little nothing had expirey dates. Plus she was brought up on a farm and her parents grew there own vegies, made their own bread and ate the animals they had on the farm (chickens, cows, lamb etc.)
    So everytime I stayed there I'd check the days on EVERYTHING I ate lol

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat181 View Post
    When my MIL does the washing, any random items of clothing that have been hung up inside out for no apparent reason, then get folded when dry from the clothesline inside out as well.
    I also do this, I can't be bothered or have the time to turn it right side out. Ido that when it gets warn. I only turn thing right side out when filing if its going to be hung up!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to think my MIL was weird for not turning things out the right way when putting laundry away. But I've come around to her point of view! You're going to turn them out when you pull them out of the drawer so it's not like you're saving yourself time. You either do it taking it off the line or when you get it out of the cupboard.
    I only turn them if they need to be hung up now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dad records lotto results in a book every week and studies them to try and work out what numbers to choose. He thinks he can work out a pattern or something.
    I have a friend who puts all her rubbish in bags in a big freezer (separate to the food thankfully), then takes it to the bin on garbage day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahsince1985 View Post
    My mum cooks everything in the microwave - roasts, potatoes, carrots, broccoli (half the time they turn out as green tasteless mush) despite the fact she has a great kitchen and analon pots. I only learnt how to cook potatoes on the stove when I stayed at a friends house a few years ago, Up until then I was a tastless, microwave protege of my mothers!

Oh and mum will always forget about her tea and warm it up in the micowave, sometimes she'll do it repeatedly with the same cup of tea through out the entire day!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have a family member (related by marriage) who does some weird things to save money. She cuts dishwashing tablets in half, even if the load is heavily soiled, she rinses out glad bags and glad wrap to reuse them, she takes sugar satchets from restaurants instead of buying sugar for her tea at home (same with salt + pepper sachets), she takes toilet paper rolls from public toilets if they are left on the cistern, she takes big wads of napkins from cafes, waters down her milk at home...

The weirdest part is that they aren't poor by any means. Her and her husband are pretty well off, financially...maybe that's why? Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: What are the strangest things your relatives do?

I'm another that will leave things inside out when washing/folding. I also turn certain clothes inside out so that they don't fade from drying in the sun. It's amazing the difference between the outside and inside on some!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub