+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are the strangest things your relatives do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Your todays winner. Congratulations!
    Agree!!!! That takes the cake!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    My grandma is a doll...

Made me pick up cans and bottles in her Mercedes once. I was mortified! Lol I mean.... FILLED THE WHOLE CAR!!!!!!! Stole them from a race course!
    Pmsl!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by misspumpkin View Post
    Agree!!!! That takes the cake!!
    The poor sweetheart though. I actually feel a bit upset now after reading that

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh me too. Imagine all those years of doing that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What are the strangest things your relatives do?

Quote Originally Posted by sam88 View Post
    My mum still uses a bank book! It's crazy.. She isn't ancient either, only 43 years old! She drives, works full time, all the normal stuff, but still goes to the bank! She has to plan her week around going to the bank to make sure she has enough money for weekends/public holidays etc!

He says it controls her impulse buying, if she seems something she wants, she has to go allllll the way to the bank, line up, get money out etc etc... This is too much effort so she doesn't end up buying it unless she REALLY wants it! Although she has a credit card in her wallet so if she really wants something she could use that!
    Hmm maybe I should suggest that to my MIL so she will stop spending FILs money lol!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I went to the bank today and arrived just before it opened. There were several elderly people waiting, with bank books in hand.

My mil is one of those who seems to think nothing has an expiry. She will pull out medicine from 1999 and expect you to use it. If something is dried it never goes off, so 10 year old tea bags are fine to drink. If it has vinager in it it is forever preserved, so sauces 1 year out of date are perfectly fine to eat etc. She also buys cooked roast chook and freezes it.
    She also loves buying things 'reduced'but then complains about the quality, example 'oh I bought these heavily discounted strawberries but most of them are bruised or mouldy *grumble*' or 'oh this cake from the clearance rack is stale, outragoues' etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my MIL does the washing, any random items of clothing that have been hung up inside out for no apparent reason, then get folded when dry from the clothesline inside out as well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat181 View Post
    When my MIL does the washing, any random items of clothing that have been hung up inside out for no apparent reason, then get folded when dry from the clothesline inside out as well.
    Um... I fold my stuff inside out too (if that's how it was when it came out of the wash)... Im in no hurry to turn it right way out, I'll do that when I wear it or iron it (rarely)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF eats everything on his plate separately. For instanace if he had steak and vegetables he would eat greens first, then carrots pumpkin etc, meat then potatoes are always last. Very weird! He prefers his food not to be touching as well but I don't abide by that, he gets it how I serve it!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (03-01-2013),Shoopuf  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Lol I eat everything seperate as well! Usually veggies then potato followed by meat. Not sure why I do it