+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What are the strangest things your relatives do?

My DP does the peg coordination thing. Not only do the two pegs have to match but they also have to match the colour of the clothing ir blue peg for blue tee etc. Black shorts with a reddish stripe get pink/red pegs. Does my head in lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My grandmother does some weird stuff because she just doesn't know what she's doing at times rofl. For example, she watches cooking shows and my aunt watches the same shows.
    They were watching a Jamie Oliver show one day and he made a really nice potato salad dressing so my aunt copied it and gran really loved it. So the next night gran offered to make dinner and said she'd make it too. She didn't have any fresh dill and parsley so she used the same amount of dried tarragon and thyme which had been sitting in her cupboard for about 6 years.

Apparently it was like eating a particularly woody shrub doused in shop bought mayonnaise .
    It wasn't about being thrifty and using up herbs that she had, she'd put them in her cupboard and found them rooting around looking for something else. The bags of herbs had been there for about 6 years so they had next to no taste but all the 'crunchy' texture.
    My aunt found it hysterical. My grandmother does stuff like that all the time. Doesn't look at use by dates, just uses them and can't work out why things taste a bit funny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This reminded me of this thread....

408488_421804407867556_1974114017_n.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are the strangest things your relatives do?

My MIL
    Puts a large serviette in the top of her shirt when out in public including hungry jacks

Used a bank book until 2004 because she refused to get atm card

Our wedding card from her last year was from 1987

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My MIL will eat and use everything out of date! Things from 10 years ago!!

Her medical cupboard is full of out of date stuff that she still uses and give her kids to use!!!

She thinking I'm picky because I refused to use out of date things and wouldn't let her give DD 4 years out of date bonjella as a baby!!!

Actually just yesterday she brought over some of that sensitive toothpaste that is $10 a tube. I was wrapped because I was almost out. Sure enough 2 years out of date. Thanks MIL.

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol my MIL still uses a bank book because she says ATMs are too confusing!

Another I just thought of is if she invites us to dinner she cooks the full meal in the daytime, plates it all up and then put glad wrap over them. They sit on the bench untill u arrive and then she heats it in the microwave!

I also don't think I have ever seen her wash her hands :-/ after toilet, cooking, patting animals...ever. Ugh

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Yes lol.... SA! How do you think she got the money to buy one she uses to drive to mildura and bring them home hahaha!!!

She's a millionaire but buys cheap crap then it breaks and complains it annoys me soooooooo much!!! She spent about 10k on new carpet then $80 on a vacuum from Harris scarfe with 3 dogs! *bangs head*
    Oh wow..... Lol! I cant see it would be worth the petrol to drive to mildura and bring back cans? Hahaha a tad strange

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brothers, while making a cup of tea, will bring out the cup, add sugar/etc, and then drape a tissue over the top of the cup so no flies get in there while the water is boiling.

Thanks
    Reviews

FIL is also a vegetable murderer. He cooks them until they are mush and then your lucky to be given a tablespoon worth of veges so when he comes around to our place or when I cook there I make sure I do something full of veges and cook them so they are crunhy! Hahaha! He will eat it because he didnt have to cook it but seriously he wonders why he has health problems?? Hes not overweight but he has to take stool softners and the like :/

They also cook every roast and veges in an oven bag. I love crunchy roast veges so I dislike it so much lol.

Oh and if they have chicken they must have chicken gravy, lamb has lamb and rosemary gravy. I think thats wierd, but maybe I am the wierd one because I love brown onion on everything? Lol

MIL says she has no idea why she has high cholestrol but she has a full fat coffee every day from the local bakery, usually accompanied by a pie or something sweet. And eat half a large packet of chips at night or during the day? I've tried telling her but she just says she doesnt understand because she is quite healthy. Urgh.

Oh and if we have salad for tea they ask if I want watermelon with it? Haha

They do many strange little things but I love them DH is slowly coming to my side lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Lol my MIL still uses a bank book because she says ATMs are too confusing!

Another I just thought of is if she invites us to dinner she cooks the full meal in the daytime, plates it all up and then put glad wrap over them. They sit on the bench untill u arrive and then she heats it in the microwave!

I also don't think I have ever seen her wash her hands :-/ after toilet, cooking, patting animals...ever. Ugh

My grandparents are the same refuse to use a ATM. Once we tried to show my grandma and she burst into tears and had a panick attack.
    They also invite us over for a sausage sizzle and cook the sausages hours before and keep them in the oven. So when everyone is ready they are burnt, chewy sticks of meat.