+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are the strangest things your relatives do?

once/twice month my nan and pop have fish and chips for dinner... my nan orders extra chips and freezes them to use with lunches/dinners over the next few weeks... She puts them in the microwave to defrost (soggy chips anyone?!) IMO ewww lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hahahaha some of these are hilarious.

On Christmas night, my husbands nan made a big deal of going around giving a box of wrapped Cadbury roses to every single female grandchild or grand child's partner, and all the boys got a couple of scratchies, so max value of about $10 each. Then proceeded to give SIL (while everyone watched) a Lush gift pack with 6 different full-sized items; it would have easily retailed for $60+.

Another funny thing she did, we're expecting a girl which she's well aware of as she's bought some gorgeous little dresses, pink outfits and shoes in the past, but for christmas, she bought 2 very girly outfits and 1 blue, boyish set with truck / car pattern on the onesie and hat - maybe she doesn't trust the reliability of ultrasound? LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My MIL keeps Hallmark in business singlehandedly! She (and her mother, my grand-MIL) manage to find a greeting card for every occasion and for every category of person. DP and I are not married so we get obscure cards titled 'For a grandson and his partner at Easter', and I have gotten 'Merry Christmas to our wonderful son, his partner and our grand-daughter'! I guess that really is Hallmark getting their fingers into every possibly relationship combination, but my MIL certainly encourages it!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

Alicia92  (03-01-2013),FearlessLeader  (03-01-2013),Funchu  (03-01-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: What are the strangest things your relatives do?

Some of these are just disturbing lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

My nan keeps the fat from her cooking so she can have it on bread as a snack! When she washes her dishes, she'll wash the bigger items first (think fry pan) n then proceed to wash her plates, cups etc n they end up greasy as the frypan. She burnt porridge once n told me it was on purpose for the 'nutty flavour'! She also tends to exaggerate-eg my brother did a short course on mental health n she was telling anyone who listened he was a mental health nurse!!!
    My sister throws out stuff visitors use at her house-eg if u drink out of a cup, she freaks out n turfs it! Same with saucepans, containers, etc. my mum loves it coz she just asks for it-my sister will then charge my mum for what she paid for it (like if she's turfing the dinner set n she paid $28.95-that's what she'll charge mum!!). She also changes her couch every 2ish years n offers mum to buy it from her-yep u guessed it, at the price she paid for it!!
    My grandfather will travel a town over to buy cheaper spuds-never mind that the fuel would even the price out anyway LOL!
    My brother will shower every second day but rarely wash his clothes so it has that musky smell! More often then not instead of washing his clothes, he just buys more...
    My MIL openly talks about sex-or her sex life...with her kids!! Example-MIL was saying how she'd had a festive morning on Xmas day to which my DP n his sister replied 'oh yeah mum, I bet xxxx made it festive for u ya dirty b!tch' to which MIL responds 'no, not like that-we did it last night though' **shudders** she also only shops at supre (she's 50!).
    Geez, that's definitely enough for now LOL!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    A lot of the crazy seems to be coming from mothers in law. Whats the deal? Do they drop the freaking ball when we hook up with their sons or are some of them just mental??
    Hmm I think lots of women are more critical if their MIL's too.... Competition over the affection of their son and all that! I've seen some pretty bizarre stuff that members on this forum do I'm sure....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If my MIL (who I adore) is making mash potatoes she turns her peas on at the same time to boil. She adds bicarb to the pea water so they stay bright green in the half hour or so they boil for. Needless to say they are like mushy crap when it comes to eating them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    Me too! I thought I was the only one lol!! Maybe with two of us it isn't weird it's eccentric
    I do too! It drives my DH crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are the strangest things your relatives do?

Wow.. Im reading all these bizarre things... But cannot for the life of me think of anything strange that my family members do... Only thing that would come close is, my Mum has a toilet mat! ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by SweetKim View Post
    And the worst one I admit will have to be myself.... I have to colour co-ordinate my pegs, they all have to be the same colour or I have to re peg everything
    Definitely not weird, I do that too! It bugs me when my husband hangs out the washing because I swear he purposely makes sure the pegs don't match just to annoy me!