+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My M!L was at a food expo where they had had a prawn deveining contraption so was showing the prawns being deveined but wasn't using them. She went back at the end of the day and collected all the prawns took them home and served them for dinner to her guests!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What are the strangest things your relatives do?

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    My grandma is a doll...

Made me pick up cans and bottles in her Mercedes once. I was mortified! Lol I mean.... FILLED THE WHOLE CAR!!!!!!! Stole them from a race course!
    Now surely you live in SA??? Lol otherwise that is concerning.. But even so if you can afford a merc than why not leave them for the homeless people? Hahaha

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't understand the reusing of teabags at all! Surely they wouldn't be as flavoursome? I just remembered that my mum would also on occasion eat raw sausages. I remember as a kid watching my mum and nana suck the sausage goo out of the skin and it just revolts me beyond belief. Needless to say my mum was often sick yet could never understand why..

My parents also put their dish sponges that are old and smelly in the dishwasher to clean them. Wtf just get a new one!! They also have a universal tea towel.. Wipe the spill from the floor then dry a glass with it..:thumbdown:

Thanks
    Reviews

Omg! Having a little giggle...

Strange is my families middle name . My paternal Grandmother makes cups of tea and reuses the teabag- her reasoning is she likes weak tea??? My maternal Grandmother has little mini pantry with lock and key stocked up for im guessing future natural disasters but if you come to visit she takes you in there to 'shop'! And the worst one I admit will have to be myself.... I have to colour co-ordinate my pegs, they all have to be the same colour or I have to re peg everything

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents keep a massive, chip shop style salt shaker in their glove box in case they go to KFC because 'there's never enough salt on the chicken'.

My Mum thinks twelve sausages or half a chicken is a reasonable serving size for any male.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time I met fil he was in the kitchen in nothing but his jocks then found out he was wearing jocks as he knew i was there. Strange as I had never even seen my own dad naked or in jocks.

On 2 separate occasions we had invited family over for a BBQ and my grandparents brought their own dinner instead of what we made them.

There has to be more but I can't think right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

My mum keeps catalogues for ages. Even if she has no need to buy something and she won't throw them out if they are in date and she hasn't read them yet. She used to keep newspapers, thankfully now she no longer buys them and we threw out the old ones ages ago. She won't say period, she says she has her "things". That annoys me the most..

My grandparents collect rain water and keep it in old milk bottles in the garden to water the plants. I think it's funny but strange and I get why they do it.

My uncle will ask you a question and then answer it himself. He also has to go back inside to check things like the stove is off or the door is locked.

Mil will go into the bathroom when her kids are in the shower. She washed DP's hair for him when he was 18 because the younger kids had nits. They are well off but she picked up a mattress from the side of the rd and wants to use it for next baby in the cot she got for $10 from ebay?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are the strangest things your relatives do?

My aunty is a huge hoarder, cassette tapes, books, magazines, 20 yr old Avon stuff & even if you take something from bottom of the pile she knows.

Once when I was visiting she went thru my bags worried I'd taken a book or something!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What are the strangest things your relatives do?

Quote Originally Posted by jess1992 View Post
    Now surely you live in SA??? Lol otherwise that is concerning.. But even so if you can afford a merc than why not leave them for the homeless people? Hahaha

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Yes lol.... SA! How do you think she got the money to buy one she uses to drive to mildura and bring them home hahaha!!!

She's a millionaire but buys cheap crap then it breaks and complains it annoys me soooooooo much!!! She spent about 10k on new carpet then $80 on a vacuum from Harris scarfe with 3 dogs! *bangs head*

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    A lot of the crazy seems to be coming from mothers in law. Whats the deal? Do they drop the freaking ball when we hook up with their sons or are some of them just mental??
    We grow up with our own mother's and family so it's normal to us.. we meet our in-laws later in life (usually) and therefore it's strange.

Example: My mother always has called the Microwave a the Mickey, so does almost everyone in my immediate family. She uses it at least 3 times a day as she like a milk based coffee with meals. DH's mum owned a Microwave fr 6 months before tossing it as it was unused.

But this reminded me.. My MIL has been on pension for years 24 at least. She will constantly accept offers of free goods (eg she wanted to learn to sew I gave her my machine when I moved in with mum.. it was 2 years old) She will then either refuse to use them cause they aren't New OR toss them out if she does't think the person will ever ask about them again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BarefootedMumma For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (03-01-2013)