+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are the strangest things your relatives do?

Mmm condensed milk salad dressing is awesome, it's got a lot of vinegar and a wee bit of mustard in it. I think it's an nz thing, everyone I know back home makes this, yet no one has heard of it here..

My nana refuses to put gas in her own car, before granddad died he always did it for her, now she just drives up to the petrol station and waits til someone helps her, she says it can take up to 30 minutes sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What are the strangest things your relatives do?

Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    Um, yeah well I keep my bread in the freezer as we dont eat much bread and its mainly used for toast or sandwich press.
    I also buy chicken breast, fillets, roast chicken pieces etc and freeze for a later date as I do my shopping on a Friday and we mainly have chicken during the week and I roast the pieces when I know my mum is coming over.
    I dont see anything wrong with this

I said she kept her loaf of bread in the fridge not freezer. I myself freeze bread so I don't see it as an issue my point was I find it odd since it dries out bread. She buys the hot cooked bbq chicken and freezes that. She doesn't eat any part of it she just freezes it straight away for "later" instead of actually buying it and consuming it the day of purchase which is usually recommended for lots of reasons. I'm Not talking raw chicken to be cooked, at a later date....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bini86 View Post
    I said she kept her loaf of bread in the fridge not freezer. I myself freeze bread so I don't see it as an issue my point was I find it odd since it dries out bread. She buys the hot cooked bbq chicken and freezes that. She doesn't eat any part of it she just freezes it straight away for "later" instead of actually buying it and consuming it the day of purchase which is usually recommended for lots of reasons. I'm Not talking raw chicken to be cooked, at a later date....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    If I plan on using the bread that day or next, I also keep it in the fridge (otherwise straight in the freezer).
    Wow to the cooked roast chicken

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My mil eats out of date food all the time... I am talking food from like 2006........!!!!!!!

She always always saves money, so thrifty blah blah then goes blows it on a hat pin to go in a cupboard she will never use?! Wtf! Yet her kitchen is broken!

My fil is strange too... He owns 3 ssangyongs just to prove they aren't bad cars!

Thanks
    Reviews

My grandma is a doll...

Made me pick up cans and bottles in her Mercedes once. I was mortified! Lol I mean.... FILLED THE WHOLE CAR!!!!!!! Stole them from a race course!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (03-01-2013),HowCrazyCool  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I had "family dinner" with MIL a whopping four times before we stopped seeing her. Each time she began dinner by saying "and I've licked one of the forks. This will be fun."
    I sat horrified. DH spent the drive home apologising. This is a woman who at her kids birthday said "nothing wrong with popping pills to get in the mood." Pills were ecstasy. Her kid was turning 4.

DHs dad collected tiny cafe packets of vegemite. He froze them in a bag. Apparently counted them when he was bored.
    DHs step dad always kissed the petrol cap door thing before putting petrol in. He was paranoid about catching fire. I understood. Still weird though.

The strangest was probably DHs grandparents. His grandmother always put out bread rolls with every meal. We met at a park for lunch once, having sandwiches and she still bought the rolls. She wouldn't let DH eat his birthday cake unless he ate the bread roll. Adamant about it. One of her quirks I thought were funny, which was nice given she's a crazy so and so.
    Last edited by Bubs'n'Roses; 02-01-2013 at 21:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    LMAO my MIL does this too, even when they came here for a visit she insisted to me that I could reuse the teabags, drove me batty!
    My mother does this too. I forbid it in my house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    OMG Bubs'n'roses....the packets of vegemite....freaking hilarious!!

Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    * put plastic runners over the carpet to protect it from dirt, fair enough, but turned them upside down, spiky side up to again protect the carpet from the spikes. Hurt like hell to walk on.
    bahaha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    I had "family dinner" with MIL a whopping four times before we stopped seeing her. Each time she began dinner by saying "and I've licked one of the forks. This will be fun."
    I sat horrified. DH spent the drive home apologising. This is a woman who at her kids birthday said "nothing wrong with popping pills to get in the mood." Pills were ecstasy. Her kid was turning 4.

DHs dad collected tiny cafe packets of vegemite. He froze them in a bag. Apparently counted them when he was bored.
    A lot of the crazy seems to be coming from mothers in law. Whats the deal? Do they drop the freaking ball when we hook up with their sons or are some of them just mental??

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    A lot of the crazy seems to be coming from mothers in law. Whats the deal? Do they drop the freaking ball when we hook up with their sons or are some of them just mental??
    I know right? Looking back this wasn't strange. It was a warning lol.