+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cervical mucus/ovulation query

Hi everyone

I have been tracking my cm for a few months now and I have noticed that the egg white consistancy lasts for three days only. Is there a way to determine exactly when I am ovulating?

I have been using ovulation predictor tests but so far I never receive a positive test - but I must be ovulating because I have egg white cm?

Any advice would be appreciated. I am trying to conceive a baby boy hence I am trying to get as close to ovulation as possible.

BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have read that you ovulate on the last day of ewcm. so once u get that I would keep dtd til u dont get anymore ewcm.

If u are worried about whether or not you're ovulating, you can get a blood test done on cd21 of your cycle (if u have a common 28day'er cycle). You would need a blood test referral from your doctor though.

Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BoyCrazy For This Useful Post:

Zebaniee  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebaniee View Post
    I have been using ovulation predictor tests but so far I never receive a positive test - but I must be ovulating because I have egg white cm?
    Not necessarily I'm afraid. I used to get EWCM but there were months I didn't ovulate. I would highly recommend you get the clearblue digital OPK as there is no guess work involved. You get a smiley face if you're ovulating or a blank face if not. I was using IC OPK's for 10 months and never got a full on positive result. On my second month of using the clearblue digital ovulation predictor, I got my BFP!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Zebaniee  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your feedback ladies. I will look at purchasing the clear blue tests.

I am using cheap kits off the internet for the past couple of months and so far I have not had a positive result.

If I receive a positive ovulation test, that means I will ovulate in 24-48 hours right? Not that I am ovulating immediately?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebaniee View Post
    If I receive a positive ovulation test, that means I will ovulate in 24-48 hours right? Not that I am ovulating immediately?
    From the time I got my positives to the time I ovulated was usually between 12-24 hours but everyone is different.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Zebaniee  (03-01-2013)