+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default "Labour Announcment" etiquette.

This is why I HATE Facebook and no longer have an account. Nothing is sacred anymore. Everyone has to post everything about their lives for everyone to read.

I don't agree with what she did for this reason and I completely see why you are upset.

But I can also see how you could and should easily forgive her.... She was in labour after all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Messaging/calling every man and his dog who thinks they have hte right to know requires time and effort (if you message, they'll probably message back or call you or something).

Writing it on FB ensures that a whole group of people see it... the end. Maybe some might try to call you... maybe.

I dunno, I think it's fair enough. You said you fight heaps so you're not her FB friend. Maybe you're not close enough for her to want to tell you personally?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (06-01-2013),delirium  (21-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

We're very close, speak every day if not see each other. Either way this issue is nullified now, and I'm proud to announce I have a BEAUTIFUL new baby Nephew!!!! And I was the first plain our family she wanted to meet him *blish* I was obviously just having a moment!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lucymoo For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Congrats Aunty

But no you weren't just having a moment...if you're so close that you see/speak every day, it's a little strange that she didn't contact you but notified everyone on FB.....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: "Labour Announcment" etiquette.

The only people I told when in labour was my midwife, lol. I got dh to tell my parents, his mum & his dad (long divorced & both long re-married). I'd forgotten to even post on my Facebook that I was even pregnant! Posted a birth announcement tho! My dh decided not to even tell his other 2 kids until their now 5.5mo little brother was born! My brother's didn't find out, neither did my grandparents til my ds was born. Don't take it personally, it most probably wasn't meant that way, &, your sis could just be completely scatterbrained like I am. If I don't do something when I think of it, or write it down, I forget. Just enjoy being an aunty is my opinion. Sorry for the novel btw, lol.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

We told parents & expected/requested they would tell siblings as we were focusing on labour.(it was our first)

We didn't actually tell any friends, not even close ones, til they contacted us & my DH replied with something along the lines of 'in hospital and will give you news when it happens'. The only phone calls he took were parents.

I was getting annoyed at my DH for playing on phone or camera, not that he did it much, but just wanted him next to me every second.

Thanks
    Reviews

Ps, if she had time to post on FB she should have had time to contact you, but it's very likely she wasn't thinking straight or maybe u wre fightig about something and have forgotten ??!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Congrats on becoming an Aunt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Congrats on becoming an Aunt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can understand why you are annoyed or put out, but I guess FB is bad for that, easy to post stuff, it's why I am not on it and have deleted my profile. I agree with others that I am not telling anyone I am in labour. They will find out when we have had the baby, depending on when it comes it might be the next day they find out. I think it's very much a personal choice and in these times it might be mindful to remember that in all that pain, excitement and emotions you don't really know what you will do and not to be offended if things like that happen.