+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default "Labour Announcment" etiquette.

So. Pretty safe to say that before you announce all over FB that you should probably mention to your immediate family (who you're very close to) that you're in labour... Right?

My charming sister has once again outdone herself. Her and I aren't friends on FB because we fight too much (but see and speak to each other every single day).

This morning she messages mum to say she's in labour and posts all over FB that she is but I have to find out from a mutual friend who messages me to ask if she's in labour. Well thanks for that sis! How much of a ****wit do I feel like when I have to say "You know what? No idea."

Sorry just feel the need to vent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Maybe in the excitement (or pain ) of it all she forgot and assumed your mum would tell you.
    To be honest when I'm in labor I don't think I'm going to call family ( they're all on fb) as I'll be pre occupied.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I don't even know why she told people she is in labour? Lol surely now people will bug about if the baby has actually arrived yet??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry it has annoyed you but really it is her own decision TBH. I don't think there is a right or wrong etiquette.. I would rather nobody there and that is considered rude by many.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (06-01-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: "Labour Announcment" etiquette.

She's in labour. There's no such thing as etiquette in labour.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Amira  (02-01-2013),delirium  (21-01-2013),gizmoduckus  (02-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (06-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (06-01-2013),Renn  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Honestly - I love my brother so much, hes one of my absolute favourite people, you know like "you can't choose your family", I'd always have chosen him as a brother.

Afternoon after katelyn was born in the middle of the night Df asks what did my dad and brother say.

.... oh ****! I forgot to tell him!!!

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Congratulations on being an auntie!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks, you're all right it just feels really crappy to find out from someone she doesn't even call a friend, since she actively refuses to have friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

And don't feel like an FW. Her friend really was out of line to ask you. It's nobody else's place to ask or tell. "I don't know" is a totally appropriate answer whether you know or not Iykwim.

She hasn't had baby yet? (That you know of) really pay it no mind. Laboring women get a free pass on all forms of etiquette.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I didn't tell my family I was, posted it on fb because I have loads of 'birthy' friends who would send me positive vibes and encouragement. It was awesome to have such nice support!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

And no, no one bugged me!