+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    For me, it was a Medela Swing Breast Pump, Steelcraft Rocker & grobags (DS hated being wrapped and still sleeps in grobags at almost 2 years old).

I had a premmie and I ended up having a massive oversupply of milk due to 3 hour round-the-clock expressing, so I would say get a good stock of breast pads!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Must have baby items

Do yourself a favour and get a double pump. I had a single with DS1 and it would take me about an hour to express. I bought a double with DS2 and I can knock out about 400ml in 20 minutes. Means both hands are being used but so worth it. I got a Spectra which isn't one of the bigger brands but its freakin amazing and so quiet. The main unit even looks like a b00b which I thought was a nice touch :-/

Def a bouncer or swing (I only ever had a bouncer). Agree on the nappy bin being a waste of money. And agree with the terry nappies. Best spew rags ever.

I also have a change mat cover on the change table but on that I lay down a folded cotton wrap. I found cotton wraps next to useless as there was no stretch in them but they are good change table covers because they're easy to whip off and change rather than changing the mat cover (usually being done one handed, like many other things!). I also used the end of it to dry baby's bottom after being wiped (otherwise he would get awful nappy rash).

Download a white noise app. It's been invaluable here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    An ear digital thermometer. (Like they use in the drs). So, quick and easy to use. Puts your mind to see if bub has a temp or not.
    I second the bath thermometer too. I still use mine and DD is 3!
    A bath seat to save your back whilst bub is in bath. You can get a layed back style for tiny bubs, they are slippery little critters and hard to hold and wash, and bigger seats for when they go into the big bath, but not big enough to sit up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Stuff I couldn't live without.
    A thermometer to check temp, baby panadol, sudocream, infants friend, moogoo scalp cream and moisturiser, nipple cream and breast pads, pump, bassinett, pram, blankets, cloths.
    Hated my bumbo, never slept in a cot, babies hated slings and wraps, 1st child loved the bouncer, 2nd hated all motion toys. Never used a nappy bin, I agree with nappy bin bags.
    Also get lots of singlets, onesies and cloths, I used the cloths as spew rags and wipes (with water instead of chemical ones) Some babies spew alot so you'll be doing abit of washing. I wouldn't stock up too much on clothes pre baby, wait till they're born and see how big they are and how quick they grow. I wasted so many clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My friend suggested a Vicks vaporiser!

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow, thanks so much girls! Lots of things to consider

Thanks
    Reviews

How early did you all start buying all your baby stuff?

Thanks
    Reviews

Most things have already been suggested for you!

The one thing I found fantastic for first 6mths was a 'bath cradle'. It only costs $15 from BigW/Target, it's a small frame with towel material baby lays on. They are so slippery when wet, this helped enormously and is so much more comfortable for bubs than the hard plastic seats.

I second the bouncy/vibrate seats too, fantastic when wanting a shower or trying to get dinner ready etc

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    How early did you all start buying all your baby stuff?
    Neo, mostly in the last 3 weeks? We've had 3 miscarriages this year so I wanted to wait but I have high blood pressure so the dr said he could arrive as early as 28 weeks (I'm almost 22 now) so we thought we better be prepared. Most of the big stuff cot/pram/carseat/chair is on layby because I didn't want to have it in the house just yet.