+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Latch issue

Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    I've heard many women swear by lasinoh (spelling?) and also hydrogel breast disks, put them in the fridge or freezer
    I swear by both of these!! I put in fridge.

When they are so little don't underestimate a good squeeze on your boob sides to make it easier as they latch on. Gets more boob in their mouth too so means less pain.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Latch issue

Definitely no tongue tie. Checked by midwife, pediatrician and LC. 😞 I know I will end up with supply or let down issues if this continues. The pain is horrible. Aargh!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Latch issue

Hi kpet! My boy has a tongue tie, I'm pretty sure my nipples almost fell off the other day!! Lansinoh is amazing stuff, I put it on after each feed (it's safe for baby so no need to wash it off) and the difference is incredible. It's made such a difference to me. Good luck, I hope it gets better.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Latch issue

Hi op this was me 5 weeks ago but only on the left side (inverted nipple) and the pain was excruciating. I was actually close to giving up on Bfg that side and just expressing. I went and saw the LC too and she was very helpful she also followed me up for a few weeks after with a phone call. Could you go back to see her for another feed? The latch didn't improve straight away I had to make sure I got bubs off if it was painful and relatch I also tried to make sure my nipple was inline with her nose when latching. I had a major crack on that side and applied the lansinoh religiously plus used hydrogel disc on that side. The LC also recommended I get an antibiotic cream Bactroban to apply to the nipple to accerate the healing process (got a script from the go for this) and this helped immensely. Bfg is so hard harder than anything else I had done. If you need a break for a day and you have good supply maybe just bottle feed expressed milk for a day to give your nipples a break and try the LC again. I had tried shields and all but I found this helped me to get to the LC to try Bfg that side again. Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Latch issue

I am confident it is not tongue tie as his tongue easily extends in and out of his mouth. The LC I've seen also is experienced in tongue tie.

Thanks Sehan. I do hope it improves. I have spoken to the LC today and she is coming to see me again on Tuesday. With some luck that will sort it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Latch issue

KPET, here is a link with info regarding feeding issues that I came across when I was having my problems with DS2 -- after reading this I was convinced he had a TT, which he did! Maybe it will help you. The LC I saw was quite surprised that DS2 had a TT as she said that she checked that straight away & couldn't feel anything & was very apologetic once it was lasered & my problems went away. TT's in boys are generally inherited from the father if he had one, which my DH has. DS1 has one which was never diagnosed & led to me BF for only 3-4 months. I had DS2 TT lasered by a Dentist in Sydney. Goodluck!

http://milkmatters.org.uk/2011/04/15...eed-your-baby/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Belter For This Useful Post:

House Mummaxxxx  (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Latch issue

Get nipple shields!! At least until your nipples heal. They saved me with DS1 and we went on to feed for 13 months. I used them again with DS2 just in the initial painful times. We were attaching fine always (checked by LCs) but my nipples still got damage just from being used. It's easier when bub's mouth gets bigger, your supply settles and bub knows more what they're doing.

Nipples shields = bliss.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Latch issue

I've had bad experience with nipple shields so trying to avoid them if I can.

Seeing LC again tomorrow. I think things seek getting a bit better. Oddly I feel really engorged today