+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default **warning, new pregnancy mentioned** NT scan tomorrow, what if it happens again?

Thank you so much, it's so nice to have people who understand the fear. I am cooking a really nice meal tonight and trying to relax... Hopefully sleep comes easily. I will update tomorrow no matter what the outcome is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default **warning, new pregnancy mentioned** NT scan tomorrow, what if it happens again?

Hi there,

I have been in exactly the same position as you. With my third pregnancy I went in to my 12 week scan thinking everything would be great only to find out bubs had foetal hydrops and I needed to have a termination. It was a horrible gut wrenching experience.

So when I fell pregnant with my fourth I found it very hard to enjoy the pregnancy. I just didn't want to think about it. I almost pretended I wasn't pregnant except I took my vitamins and watched what I ate. I looked at the DIG on bub hub but couldn't join...just in case.

I was so nervous about my 12 week scan but my ob assured me that I everything should be fine as it is extremely rare for the same thing to happen again in the next pregnancy.

I went to my 12 week scan with so much trepidation. I didn't want anyone with me because if I received bad news again I wanted to face people in my own time and not have it be so raw and before I had time to process.

They spent heaps of time with me going through everything and bubs was perfect. She is now a beautiful 13 mo girl and is jus awesome. The sense of relief that I felt when they told me that everything was ok was overwhelming. I could finally enjoy being pregnant.

It will be ok.....it's almost here. Try your best to be distracted and all he best for tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you so much FluffyDucks, what you described is exactly how I feel. I haven't let myself think I am actually pregnant, that would imply I am having a baby and I know that might not be the case. I posted once in my DIG and a few times in another thread but everyone else was so excited and making plans and I just couldn't.

I am worried about having my friend there, if it's bad news I wont want to see or talk to anyone... But its a decent drive home so I guess I should think of that.

All the stories of hope will be with me tomorrow, 10.5 hours to go... Lets hope I have good news!

Thanks
    Reviews

How did you go?

Thanks
    Reviews

So far all good news!! Head looks completely normal as does everything else. We had a nice normal neck fold measurement and the nasal bone was easily seen.
    I am just waiting on the call this afternoon for the final results and the risk ratio, I think after that comes back I can really breathe a sigh of relief!
    Thank you all again for the positive thoughts, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swizzly555 For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (03-01-2013),mamamel89  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm a bit delayed but I'm glad to read that do far all is good! X

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you munchkin, I had been following your story and I am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss.

Well I got a call saying the risk for downs is 1:13,000 and for the other conditions it was 1:24,000 so I am pretty happy with that. They also confirmed again that there were no abnormalities seen and everything looked as they would expect it to for 13 weeks.

I know there is still a long way to go and now the wait is for the 20 week scan and I know I wont feel 'safe' until bubs is here, but were off to a good start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzly555 View Post
    Thank you munchkin, I had been following your story and I am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss.

Well I got a call saying the risk for downs is 1:13,000 and for the other conditions it was 1:24,000 so I am pretty happy with that. They also confirmed again that there were no abnormalities seen and everything looked as they would expect it to for 13 weeks.

I know there is still a long way to go and now the wait is for the 20 week scan and I know I wont feel 'safe' until bubs is here, but were off to a good start.
    Thanks... :-(

Those numbers are great! Hoping the rest of your pregnancy comes through with as much good news!!! :-)