What does that mean?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default can the mirena give a false positive

Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    What does that mean?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I think a chemical pregnancy... (is that what you mean?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't want to scare you but it sounds like an ectopic pregnancy. I had one and my levels rose very slowly but I had the symptons. I had a scan at 5 wks to confirm it and there was no sac. I was a little unlucky that I had a doctor who was new and a little green and wasn't confirmed until wk 9 when pains started and I had to go into surgery. I was very lucky that they didn't burst and I could have two shots of methetrexate. My levels were super low when I started testing my HCG. I think the first reading was 7. I have heard that ectopic pregnancys are the usual outcome with Mirena.

I hope your next blood test is good news however just thought I would share my experience.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillah View Post
    I don't want to scare you but it sounds like an ectopic pregnancy. I had one and my levels rose very slowly but I had the symptons. I had a scan at 5 wks to confirm it and there was no sac. I was a little unlucky that I had a doctor who was new and a little green and wasn't confirmed until wk 9 when pains started and I had to go into surgery. I was very lucky that they didn't burst and I could have two shots of methetrexate. My levels were super low when I started testing my HCG. I think the first reading was 7. I have heard that ectopic pregnancys are the usual outcome with Mirena.

I hope your next blood test is good news however just thought I would share my experience.
    I'm not due to go back for another blood test... Dr never said anything about going back :/

Do you think I should go back in a week or so for another blood test? And or request an ultrasound?

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I would if you are still getting a positive POAS test.

I was reading about falling pregnant with a mirena and apparantly you are much more at risk of an ectopic ... but I dont actually know much about it.

still - its surprising that you are getting a positive from a urine test with levels so low on the blood test. Usually your levels have to be around 20 or so to show up on a urine test.

weird

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post
    I would if you are still getting a positive POAS test.

I was reading about falling pregnant with a mirena and apparantly you are much more at risk of an ectopic ... but I dont actually know much about it.

still - its surprising that you are getting a positive from a urine test with levels so low on the blood test. Usually your levels have to be around 20 or so to show up on a urine test.

weird
    The lines are VERY faint, but on all of them you can defs see 2 lines! :/ (with dd the lines came up quick, both solid pink lines. Where as one is pink and the other is very light pink)

I'm going to get the mirena out ASAP after all this is sorted - have been reading so much negative stuff about it.