+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default bedding newborn

No woombies don't have instructions like that.

I had a July bub and used a woombie with blankets depending on the room temp. We have a Gro egg thermometer and lots of baby monitors have them too.

Don't stress too much about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies! Most helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a Gro egg is great for indicating temperatures. Only thing is I often get fooled by the red colour cos it seems to say dangerous! Then I would remember that its just an indication.

i tried love to dream swaddle but not a great fan now. Cos my bub (every bub is different) has strong rooting reflex and the swaddle can't hold his hands and arms down.

For summer we use cotton sheets or Muslim wraps (I use kiwi green brand) to swaddle baby. Then tuck him under a cotton sheet. He wears a SS onesie wo legs before swaddling. But in the middle of night temp can cool down, then we add onto him into a pair of leggings (etc Bonds) during nappy change before the swaddling.

He's born in spring and it was cold then so we actually use regular cotton towels to swaddle him and tucked him under fleece blankets. He was in LS body suits and mittens. (Do not let bub wear beanie etc so his head can lose heat if its too warm.)

check out the sleep store. They have videos and articles on swaddling babies and various materials suited for different weather.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At the newborn stage, I always just tightly swaddled. The only other thing in the cot/cradle was a fitted sheet. After a few months I moved on to the "Love to Swaddle Up" wrap, then the Ergo Pouch and other sleeping bags.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default bedding newborn

I swaddled with a muslin at the newborn stage, then moved to the ergo cocoons when he started getting wriggly... I had the light cotton ones for summer and the thick 2.5 tog for winter. They are great because when they are ready to transition they both have snaps on the sides for their arms to come out