+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default *spinoff* Please recommend steam mops

I'd love a steam mop.. Please share your experiences and brands with me! I have a big house with all floor boards and tiles, except for the bedrooms. The other steam mop post said they can't be used on floor boards? Can any brands? Are there any you can use to clean carpets too? Thought I saw this on one of those infomercials..? TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Subbing! I would love a steam mop to clean my tiles

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Kenwood steam mop. We have old hardwood polished floors throughout, and I use the steam mop on that, plus tiles in the toilet and bathroom. I vac a couple of times a day and only mop the main living floors once a fortnight(ish). Bedrooms etc get done rarely, as a vac is enough. I don't konw if the timber would stand up to being steam mopped really frequently, but probably depends on what kind of coating you have on them.

My only complaint with the Kenwood is the pads are quite rough (kind of like a waffle cotton material). I would probably prefer microfibre pads which are softer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my steam mop from target sieger brand. Was a cheapy and does the job. I would recommend that you get the microfibre coral pads with steam mops as they don't get soggy too quickly. Get atleast 4 because when the pads get wet they don't clean as well. I bought the pads from eBay which were for a diff brand but still fit ok.

Thanks
    Reviews

Bump!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    I vac a couple of times a day and only mop the main living floors once a fortnight(ish).
    Oh my lord. I'm too embarrassed to even put in writing how often I do (don't) vacuum!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing as I started the other thread hehehe.
    Mine came free with a vacuum cleaner. Piranha brand from big w. nothing exciting but does the job

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

In my share house we have a steam mop but I can't remember the brand right now. It's pretty good, does the job. It's one of those triangle mop bits, black with orange on the water filler thing. If I remember the brand ill come back in and edit

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was set to buy a steam mop but when i started to look for reviews it seemed they werent all that good. Plus ill be building soon and dont know what type of flooring we will have. BUT what i did find and im still waiting on one to check it out is a mop like the ones with a cloth pad on it but it also has a spray attachment at the bottom so your able to pull a handle at the top of the mop and where you mop sprays out whatever you put in the bottle. Theres a woolworths vileda (which didnt get good reviews and is $$$ @ $42), and at bunnings theres a cheapy for $29 didnt find reviews for it and its a small head but cheap cloth pads, oats was $35 and was a large head but the extra cloth pads were the most expensiove at $11.50 and im waiting for them to get in the rubbermaid which has gotten the best reviews so far and cloth pads are too $$$. As sad as this sounds but im excited to get one of these mops lol