+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our old house cleaner out *something* in ours and it never worked properly again it put white powdery stuff all over the floor when mopping it was as if shepit creamy cleanser in it or something. Just use water

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Steam Mop question

I love my steam mop, I was going to put a bit of tea tree oil in it but manual said not to put anything but water .

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    No! Don't use anything but water. Why not do what I do... I alternate between steam mop and regular mop with tea tree oil and a tiny drop of floor cleaner (by alternate I mean weekly)
    That's a good idea

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Steam Mop question

I have a Hoover steam mop dual tank that can take just water and also another tank for specific disinfectant sold by Hoover. I rarely use anything but water.. But there are models that are dual if you want to use it :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I put a couple of drops of tea tree on the mop pad not in the water. I alao use the microfibre coral pads which although they are for a diff brand mop still fit ok. The pads are great bc they dont get soggy too quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My whole house except for bedrooms is tiled and I'm always looking for the best way. I've been through a few steam mops but they are a pain for a quick spill clean up. I got the aldi mop and bucket with a foot peddle that squeezes the water out. I use very hot water, all hot from the tap plus sometimes boiling from the jug and I find that better and easier than the steam mop.i never use any chemical as it always seemed to streak and very hot water cleans everything.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for all the replies!!
    It looks like just water is the way to go. I never even thought about the floor boards swelling so thankyou for that info. I don't think I have my manual anymore but I'll google search the mop I have.
    Thanks everyone, appreciate all your input

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to gatecrash, but just a quick question (if that's ok, OP).

We've used our steam mop maybe 4-5 times, and each time I notice a strong smell - like chlorine - whilst using it and afterwards. It only has water in it.

DH reckons it's all the old cleaning products/ bleach coming up out of the tiles. Did anyone else have that happen when they started using one?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Steam Mop question

I have the h20 x5 steam mop from danozand its amazing, converts to a hand held steamer with different attachments for doing mirrors, showers, clothes, lounges, stove top, etc.

I will sometimes put a drop of lavendar oil in the water to make my floors smell pretty I never put any cleaning products in it though
    Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Sorry to gatecrash, but just a quick question (if that's ok, OP).

We've used our steam mop maybe 4-5 times, and each time I notice a strong smell - like chlorine - whilst using it and afterwards. It only has water in it.

DH reckons it's all the old cleaning products/ bleach coming up out of the tiles. Did anyone else have that happen when they started using one?
    yes , and i put it down to the same reason ....plus i guess the "new plastic" type smell from the unit/machine itself being new

11. The Following User Says Thank You to *Need~More~Coffee~Please* For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (02-01-2013)