+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What suburbs to live in perth?

Quote Originally Posted by Talz View Post
    We built in ellenbrook and absolutely love it, great for young families and kids. Not really close to the beach, it's about a 30 min drive. But for $450k you will be able to build a nice 4x2 out here.

I grew up in duncraig and love the area but we didn't want another older house that needed work (our budget was also $450k!) as we have renovated before back in melbs, and that's all you will get there. There are some odd blocks of land but once you put a house on them you will be way over your budget.

And don't get fooled by those house and land packages offered, they are normally the very base price and you will need to add about $50k to that amount for painting of walls, flooring, window coverings, landscaping etc. I work in the building and property industry so know the tricks lol

Feel free to pm me if u want any more info
    You have mail :-) xx I eagerly await your reply :-) cheers

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmizshav View Post
    What's tran by, is it private??

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub
    Yep, just a private primary school, can't remember what religion sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What suburbs to live in perth?

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Yep, just a private primary school, can't remember what religion sorry.
    My children go to Tranby. It is a Uniting Church school which is K-12 with an onsite daycare.

I have also heard terrible things about Tranby but my children attend there is it is far from terrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What suburbs to live in perth?

I haved lived both north and south of the river and I prefer north. Personally I would not live in Rockingham,Kwinana or the surrounding suburbs but you will get value for money down there.

Ellenbrook is nice but it has poor infrastructure such as trains and buses and it is a drive to major shops and the beach. A synergy worker told me the other day that the electricity/water/telephone cabling out there is cheap and poorly installed.

I live 10 mins past Mindarie in a suburb called Jindalee and I love it. I am on the coast and looking at the ocean as I type this. I highly doubt that you can get the house that you want in Mindarie for 450k but you could in some streets of Jindalee, Alkimos, Butler, Brighton and maybe Quinns (not all of quinns is nice though so watch where you build). There are fantastic private schools out this way but they all have waiting lists.

It takes me 40mins to drive to work just outside the city centre.

It takes 15 minutes to get to Joondalup which is a major service and shopping hub.

Other suburbs close to the beach (say 5-10mins) are Edgewater,Heathridge,Craigie,Clarkson (some questionable parts of this suburb),Sorrento (old parts not new beach front).

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MsTruth View Post
    I haved lived both north and south of the river and I prefer north. Personally I would not live in Rockingham,Kwinana or the surrounding suburbs but you will get value for money down there.

Ellenbrook is nice but it has poor infrastructure such as trains and buses and it is a drive to major shops and the beach. A synergy worker told me the other day that the electricity/water/telephone cabling out there is cheap and poorly installed.

I live 10 mins past Mindarie in a suburb called Jindalee and I love it. I am on the coast and looking at the ocean as I type this. I highly doubt that you can get the house that you want in Mindarie for 450k but you could in some streets of Jindalee, Alkimos, Butler, Brighton and maybe Quinns (not all of quinns is nice though so watch where you build). There are fantastic private schools out this way but they all have waiting lists.

It takes me 40mins to drive to work just outside the city centre.

It takes 15 minutes to get to Joondalup which is a major service and shopping hub.

Other suburbs close to the beach (say 5-10mins) are Edgewater,Heathridge,Craigie,Clarkson (some questionable parts of this suburb),Sorrento (old parts not new beach front).

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I have to disagree about the public transport, our buses in ellenbrook are fantastic. They go straight to bassendean train station or Morley galleria. The train line did get vetoed but its only 30 mins in the bus. It probably isn't the ideal place to live if you are completely reliant in public transport but you certainly aren't isolated out here if you need to use it. Also it's not a major drive to major shops - Morley galleria is 20 mins, joondalup is 30 mins and it takes me 35-40 mins to get to city depending on traffic

Don't get me wrong, I do love nor near the beach but as dh and I both work in bayswater, ellenbrook was the most logical option based on the type of area, budget and amenities 😄

Also, we have only had one power outage in 6 months as opposed to when I lived in heathridge when during summer we had 3 in one month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in the success area. Nice estates, a shopping centre wih Coles, woollies, and plans for it to be upgraded. New housing, lots of parks and some wetlands. Not a whole lot of restaurants but us getting better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am near Joondalup and love it! Close to beach and 2 minutes from Joondalup shops (which has almost everything, except a department store) I can't remember the last time I went into the city. I have family that live in ellenbrook and they love it. The shops and surrounds are coming along well, just needed the train line that was promised. I wouldn't personally live in rockingham even though its affordable they just always seem to cop all the weather mishaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Confused yet OP?
    From the sounds of it if you are particular about the type of school you want your kids to go to, so research that first.
    Then work out what work you (or DP) will be doing and where, then start looking at the map. If you buy for example in Baldivis and work in Joondalup, you'd spend most of the day on the freeway at peak hour which is not fun.
    Perth metro is spread out along the coast, so you have lovely beaches both north and south of the river. Obviously the further from the CBD that you travel, the cheaper the housing and the more availability of vacant housing blocks.
    PM me if you'd like me to send an old street map to you in the post? This might help.

Thanks
    Reviews

A lot of the areas like Warwick, duncraig, craigie etc are so so limited for land for building. So land is expensive in there. All the new areas NOR are either quite north (butler, alkimos, jindalee) and near the beach but a fair way north. Or you can look in tapping, pearsall, ashby or Sinagra. There is lots of land and lots of new estates. In turn, new schools and shops going up. No trouble, all seems very family oriented.
    We built in this area and have been there for 12 months. We paid $405k for house & land including blinds, floors and just painting of ceilings & doors. We have a 4x2 but no room for a pool. Gives you a good indication tho
    Lots of parks and sporting clubs around. Shops within 5 mins any direction, I walk to main shops in 25mins and it takes us 20min to drive to the beach