+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What suburbs to live in perth?

My sister loves in wellard. Seems nice and new, but a fair distance to the beach. Its also sort of not right on the freeway. Very good for first home owners and the sorts, but very close to old kwinana which has homes west housing (sort of similar to community housing I suppose). All of the places you mention has positives and negatives. But I live in secret harbour myself, so I think it is awesome... It also depends on the activities you want your kids to participate in, as to where you move

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What suburbs to live in perth?

We built in ellenbrook and absolutely love it, great for young families and kids. Not really close to the beach, it's about a 30 min drive. But for $450k you will be able to build a nice 4x2 out here.

I grew up in duncraig and love the area but we didn't want another older house that needed work (our budget was also $450k!) as we have renovated before back in melbs, and that's all you will get there. There are some odd blocks of land but once you put a house on them you will be way over your budget.

And don't get fooled by those house and land packages offered, they are normally the very base price and you will need to add about $50k to that amount for painting of walls, flooring, window coverings, landscaping etc. I work in the building and property industry so know the tricks lol

Feel free to pm me if u want any more info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What suburbs to live in perth?

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Um it takes longer to get from joondalup to perth than Rockingham to perth lol rocky isn't that far..
    True, but OP wants North, not South

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm in Trigg which is completely unaffordable but we love being so close to the beach and still close to places like Scarborough and wembley. We go north though for activities like swimming and spend time around Carine and Duncraig. I agree Duncraig is great value.

It also has one of the best public high schools here. I realise you've said you'll go private but do you know exactly which schools? Wait lists here can be a nightmare and it's sometimes good to have a back up plan.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sonja,

Looking at ellenbrook Christian school ... at this point and/or others in the area we choose to live in..

Is ellenbrook actually really boring? I have a 6 and 2 yo, very active kids... any sporting areas etc?? I suppose ellenbrook is a good start point... cause we will had cars too lol.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the replies so I'm no sure what's already been suggested but I live in Baldivis which is really coming along with estates and really family orientated and somewhat affordable. 10minutes drive to Rockingham beach which is beautiful also nearby is safety bay port Kennedy Waikiki and Warnbro and 30klms from Mandurah which is a huge tourist type spot all new(ish) estates and areas but living out here can take awhile to get I other places northbound like the city.

just remember everyone will have opinions on suburbs and how good/bad they are make sure you form you own opinions!

Good luck!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    True, but OP wants North, not South
    True I just put it out as an option

OP there is tranby college in Baldivis, I don't know much about it as we use public.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmizshav View Post
    Sonja,

Looking at ellenbrook Christian school ... at this point and/or others in the area we choose to live in..

Is ellenbrook actually really boring? I have a 6 and 2 yo, very active kids... any sporting areas etc?? I suppose ellenbrook is a good start point... cause we will had cars too lol.

I couldn't honestly say whether Ellenbrook is boring or not. Personally I'm not a fan of new estates. It is a long way out but it depends on what you're looking for. I never go into the city as it doesn't interest me and I don't work in town so have no need to. Our life very much revolves around being at or near the beach. We moved here from Melbourne 2 years ago and that's the life we intentionally chose for our children (after living in the inner city in Melbourne).

I was thinking more about high schools. Waiting lists can be horrendous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    True I just put it out as an option

OP there is tranby college in Baldivis, I don't know much about it as we use public.
    heard terrible things about tranby!

Thanks
    Reviews

What's tran by, is it private??