+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    double post
    Last edited by lolly137; 01-01-2013 at 14:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default re: my 4th cesarean

I had a cesarean but the spinal didn't hurt, I was really worried I'd be paralyzed or something but I was given a local (which I didn't feel) and didn't feel a thing after that... did they not give you a local?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou so much for sharing. That makes me feel somewhat better hearing you were ok too after number 4. What repair surgery if you dont me asking did you have to have done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whats a local huni? I have only heard of the spinal block.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi, I have had 4 Caesarians, 3 were emergency,as I can't carry to term and the 4th was elective, but necessary as I couldn't go to term.
    I had a quicker recovery with my 4th, I found the whole procedure and process to be ok, I knew what to expect and felt my body handled it quite well. i had the same OB deliver and he tells me I could have 4 more as there is minimal scarring. With my 3rd, he actually cut the old scar off, so I had a new one.
    Best of luck with yours too :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou for the reply. That eases my fears somewhat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinblue View Post
    Thankyou so much for sharing. That makes me feel somewhat better hearing you were ok too after number 4. What repair surgery if you dont me asking did you have to have done?

When I had #3, I was told I would be alright for #4 as I had healed well from the previous c/s. However between #3 & #4, I had 2 miscarriages which resulted in 2 D&C's. So by the time #4 arrived my scarring had fused to my bladder which had to be repaired.

My tubes were also cut and tied at the same time. So from all of that I had <500mL bloodloss which made for a slightly longer time in recovery trying to warm up again lol
    Last edited by lolly137; 01-01-2013 at 21:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had 1 miscarriage between my 3rd and this pregnanct but not dnc. I am hoping all is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had 3 c-sections, 1 emergency and 2 elective, I can totally understand your fears, I was the same before both my electives, my emergency was obviously unplanned with my 1st born so I didn't really expect it. Elective c-sections are very different to Emergencies, it's done with a much more positive environment, there's no rush, they inform you on what's going on. All mine have been so different, i've also had 2 special care bubs. I thought my body was falling apart when I went to have my 3rd baby only to be told everything looks wonderful, so we're going for number 4 also. I can imagine myself being just as nervous as you going for my 4th. But try to relax, it will be ok, they will look after you and your baby, if you're anxious please tell them that you are they may be able to find something to help. Alot of it is in the mind though, I went into my 3rd c-section dead frightened but I managed to pull through and even had them put the curtain down for the delivery. I wish you all the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I just had my 5th c-section 4 weeks ago and I have found my recoveries have got easier with each one. I was more nervous before my 5th but all went really well in the surgery. Good luck with it all.