Closed Thread
Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hailzy: That's probably a good choice. I'm in the same boat. We are building a house (due to be finished in May) and getting married in a couple of weeks. I want to build up some savings again before TTC later this year.

Disney: I think it's okay to be anxious. The way I look at it is that the new family member gets to join in on our life adventures. That way you won't see a baby as a hindrance to what you might want to do in the future. Eg. I really want to go to Japan one day and I was thinking of saving up for that instead of having a bub so early in life. But why not save up anyway (may take a bit longer) and make it a family holiday one day down the track?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkaboo For This Useful Post:

Disney  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

Disney - I think that's where my DP's association with Delilah comes from. Her mum used to be a huge karaoke fan so she has head many bad renditions of that song. Also, we have a dog that comes in at work called Delilah. There was a girl I went to school with that was called Jessica, some of the older bullies used to call her Jessie and go "Jessie, here girl, come on *whistle*" most of the Jess named dogs I know of are either cattle dogs/kelpies/staffys. Though, the dogs that turn me off with names and that stick in my head are usually mongrels to work with. (Have been in the animal industry for 18 years so have come across a lot of names lol)

ETA - try not to obsess over TTC too much. Last month I was going nuts over it, over analysing everything ect, just ended up causing myself a whole heap is stress that I didn't need. I am going back to just temping and OPK's this time around, though the way I'm going it will be only the OPK's because I forget to temp in the mornings.
    Last edited by Keerah; 02-01-2013 at 22:01.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Keerah For This Useful Post:

Disney  (03-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Disney I'm the same sometimes I get a little scared about making the decision now is the time (even though its still 6/8 months away) - I swear it would be so much easier if it was a woops but then again it's something I want to be in control of. I know dh is 100% ready but I'm going to take the next 6 months making sure I am.

Oh and I forgot to update my fist cycle of bc was 34 days but my af was not nearly as bad as I thought. However the increase in sex drive I have is astonishing - I never knew it was so bad before!

Also I'm hoping to take a relaxed approaches to ttc as I don't want to become obsessed about it - but we shall see. However I think you should take what ever approach works best for you Disney!
    Last edited by sjk; 02-01-2013 at 22:12.

Thanks
    Reviews

Name: Ourbradybunch
    Month: Officially beginning march ( but I want to practice temping & opts)
    Pregnancy: 4th

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Im glad you guys agree it's a sensible choice. In a few months it might be different but for now Im waiting
    Disney I know what you mean & I think the others have given you great advice. You seem very prepared & life isn't all baby, you can keep living for you too. Plus if you ever need help it will be there !

Sjk good luck with the relaxed approach! I too am loving the increased sex drive!

welcome to all the new ladies too!!
    cant wait to hear all of your journeys

Thanks
    Reviews

I love how everyone on this thread is so practical and has thought out the process to some degree or other - I used to always feel crazy obsessing about researching and planning pregnancy and baby stuff way before it was to happen. And now that it's nearly here, so glad the hubby is starting to show excitement too

The name discussion -funnily enough, we want a boy first but girls names are flowing much more freely! Like Disney said though, I wonder if our choices will change when actually pregnant or meeting the baby?

Thanks
    Reviews

I have been ttc for so long I really hope this is our year !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumncurl View Post
    I have been ttc for so long I really hope this is our year !
    Same. Being ttc since July 11 so it's been a long journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Autumncurl and Delirium, I can't imagine how hard that must be for you both. I really hope that this is your year! Try and stay positive.

Thanks
    Reviews

Since April 2011 for us. I have lost 47kg so hopefully all that hard work helps!