Closed Thread
Page 79 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    I bought a fair bit before I was utd and I fell first try so no I don't think it's jinxes you.

And dw ladies once the nursery is in full swing I'll post pix.
    So tempting! I've been looking at prams and cots and car seats online...

A lady I know had a baby last november and I finally met her daughter last week - made me so impatient for a baby, hers is so adorable and looked so cute snuggled up in her pram!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

this is my baby belly at 8 weeks!

lol I know it's only bloating but I'm too excited to care!

(sorry about blurry quality, cracked my phone screen straight across the camera lens, boo!)
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

^Naww, cute little bump!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma K View Post
    DF and I came up with this idea, every month that we didn't conceive we would buy something for our future baby. So instead of being upset that we hadn't gotten pregnant we could be excited about the next thing we could buy

This is what we got when AF started on Friday
    Awwww I love those, so cute!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trio - Thanks for the compliment. Everyone on the day kept going on about the dress. It's a shame you only wear it for one day. I can't wait to receive the wedding photos from the professional photographer and relive the day.

Carrie - I'm so sorry to hear that news. Take care of yourself.

Mumma K - That is such a great idea. I will definitely be doing that when we start TTC.

Has anyone seen Life Happens? It's a great little movie that my sister, DH and I watched last night. And I almost wrote DF instead of DH just then. AAaaah. That is so bizarre! Anyways. I'm so clucky and wish we could start right away. This is the first time I've been on the sugar pills since we got married and I'm already tempted to stop taking the pill. It's probably going to be like that at the end of every packet. Haha.
    We probably would start straight away if our house was complete. But we still need to spend heaps of $$$ on fencing, a concrete driveway and furniture. Lame. Lot's of saving to do before we can start TTC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NomieTee View Post
    Has anyone seen Life Happens? It's a great little movie that my sister, DH and I watched last night. And I almost wrote DF instead of DH just then. AAaaah. That is so bizarre! Anyways. I'm so clucky and wish we could start right away. This is the first time I've been on the sugar pills since we got married and I'm already tempted to stop taking the pill. It's probably going to be like that at the end of every packet. Haha.
    We probably would start straight away if our house was complete. But we still need to spend heaps of $$$ on fencing, a concrete driveway and furniture. Lame. Lot's of saving to do before we can start TTC.
    Haven't seen life happens. Is it new? I still keep referring to dh as my boyfriend, its been almost a year and it still sounds funny! Think about how exciting it will be once you have your house done though!!! And then to bring your new baby home into this perfect little home! It will be so great, the months will go quickly and we'll all help you pass the time! When are you planning on stopping the pill?

MummaK - that is a brilliant idea! Dh wouldn't go for that, he is a step by step kind of person and he's still a little scared by the fact we are ttc. I think he would have a heart attack if I came home with baby stuff.

Jorja - I want a bump like that!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney - The plan is for me to come off the pill in June and start trying in August or September after I've had a proper AF. We'll see what happens. I might end up starting earlier or later.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mumma K View Post
    Carrie I'm so sorry, nobody should have to go through that.

Do you ladies believe it's 'bad luck' to buy things before you get pregnant?
    No I don't think it's bad luck. With DD being a surprise I didn't have time to buy before trying but I did start buying when I found out. Although people kept telling me to wait past 12 weeks. I didn't mind.

So I say go for it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 2013...The year of BFP's!

Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Ohhhh morning sickness you poor thing! I am yet to experience any nausea but I heard it comes around 6 weeks so thats me next Friday - I hope it stays away!

I have bought small stuff like clothes from Disneyland when I was on holidays but nothing big, I will wait until after 20 weeks to buy the big ticket items. There is so much choice out there I dont know how I am going to choose one over the others...ahhh well not even thinking about that yet, plenty of time!

So your 1st scan will be at 12 weeks, are you at all tempted to have one at 7-8? I was happy to wait but now I am getting worried I guess that I will be let down really badly if something is wrong. I guess with mum having 2 miscarriages before she had my brother (her 1st) I am really paranoid of somthing going wrong. It's a horrible feeling because I want it to go well soooooo badly and if I have one at 8 weeks maybe it will ease my mind a bit?

Ohh I have been thinking the same thing, my sister miscarried her first then she miscarried twins so I worry heaps and its been playing on my mind whether to ask for a early scan, I have the doctors tomorrow but I have a feeling he will say 12 weeks, it would definitely ease your mind having an early one, can you ask your dr for one? I'm 6 weeks today and waiting another 6 seems so far away lol,
    I haven't bought anything yet but have been looking , I'm a little overwhelmed to be honest , there is sooooo many different things and different brands , really have no idea where to start, might have to google a check list haha in case I forget anything!!

P.s morning sickness is yuk.. kind of like a hangover that lasts all day haha

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

IMO - being bad luck to buy baby things before actually getting pregnant - bad luck can happen at any time (26 weeks for us), so things like waiting until you are 12 weeks, is void to me. Buy what you want, when you want.

And as for an early scan, if you want one, ask your GP. You should be entitled for anything you want to keep your mind at ease when it comes to pregnancy. So ladies, speak up and ask!!! Be strong!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munchkin859 For This Useful Post:

Disney  (04-02-2013),MrsLA  (04-02-2013)