Closed Thread
Page 70 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post

MrLA
    are you more relaxed about ttc now? Taking it more as it comes?
    I suppose so. I still am using opks, monitoring cm and my period app and constantly thinking about it, but I think I am a bit more realistic not that it is not likely to happen straight away. I think that even though I new falling preg first couple of months was unlikely, I secretly hoped and thought it might happen, and until it didnt happen i held onto that
    I think after a few months of nothing, has set me up to think it will always be nothing (i do know that it wont always be nothing) but feel a bit more it will happen when it happens I suppose.

Maybe I have just learned that ttc is not something I can be in control of no matter how hard I try??
    I am more relaxed but I think that is because I stopped trying to control it a little.

Im not really sure if Im more relaxed or just letting go of trying to control???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    How much is your Ob charging? I've been ringing around lately to see what the cost is and it varies so much
    He is charging $3000 of which $2000 is paid at 20 weeks and $1000 is paid at 32 weeks. Prices vary depending on the ob, your level of cover and also who you have your insurance with.

I told my bestie yesterday and she was over the moon. She was the only person I told when DH said he was ready to try and that was only because we went out on the 11th Jan and she didnt believe me when I said I was on antibiotics so couldn't drink haha she was onto me early on!!

I am telling my parents on Sunday because my dad has terminal cancer and may only be around for a year so I dont want to waste any time - I am sure he will be excited to hear the news. I will tell my brothers on 1st March because I am going to Soundwave and they will wonder why I am not drinking heavily (when we bought the tickets that was the plan)

Everyone else I will tell after 12 weeks, so I am pretty much only telling people I would rely on for support if anything was to go wrong.

Everything was good at the doctors, going to have bloods taken tomorrow morning & they will only contact me if anything looks abnormal. I told them I wasn't interested in knowing HCG levels as I just want to relax and hope for the best - no interest in obsessing over numbers and they said not knowing numbers was actually preferred.

for you Funchu!!
    Last edited by Cantwaitforabubba; 29-01-2013 at 19:35.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cantwaitforabubba For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (29-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    He is charging $3000 of which $2000 is paid at 20 weeks and $1000 is paid at 32 weeks. Prices vary depending on the ob, your level of cover and also who you have your insurance with.

I told my bestie yesterday and she was over the moon. She was the only person I told when DH said he was ready to try and that was only because we went out on the 11th Jan and she didnt believe me when I said I was on antibiotics so couldn't drink haha she was onto me early on!!

I am telling my parents on Sunday because my dad has terminal cancer and may only be around for a year so I dont want to waste any time - I am sure he will be excited to hear the news. I will tell my brothers on 1st March because I am going to Soundwave and they will wonder why I am not drinking heavily (when we bought the tickets that was the plan)

Everyone else I will tell after 12 weeks, so I am pretty much only telling people I would rely on for support if anything was to go wrong.

Everything was good at the doctors, going to have bloods taken tomorrow morning & they will only contact me if anything looks abnormal. I told them I wasn't interested in knowing HCG levels as I just want to relax and hope for the best - no interest in obsessing over numbers and they said not knowing numbers was actually preferred.

for you Funchu!!
    I'm heading to sound wave in Sydney. I am excited for it. Luckily I'm not a much of a drinker or my mates would know. Plus the two friends we are going with recently lost a bub ( wasn't a planned bub) so I'm not ready to tell them just yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    I'm heading to sound wave in Sydney. I am excited for it. Luckily I'm not a much of a drinker or my mates would know. Plus the two friends we are going with recently lost a bub ( wasn't a planned bub) so I'm not ready to tell them just yet.
    Soundwave is going to be awesome, so many good bands this year! Have you been before?

I am not a big drinker but a lot of my friends are single and like to go out to pubs and clubs so going from drinking a couple to drinking nothing is a dead give away. You are lucky you don't have that problem because now you can keep it a secret for as long as you like!

I'm sorry to hear about your friends, I agree it might be best to give them some time to heal from their loss before you tell them about your very exciting news.

Thanks
    Reviews

*sighs* more super light spotting this morning.

it only lasts for a few hours so I don't know what's going on

Thanks
    Reviews

Tmi question: has anyone ever had super thick, clear, jelly like discharge? I should be just over a week past O now (thats when I had brown cm and cramping) so it shouldnt be O related. The female body is very strange haha.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Soundwave is going to be awesome, so many good bands this year! Have you been before?

I am not a big drinker but a lot of my friends are single and like to go out to pubs and clubs so going from drinking a couple to drinking nothing is a dead give away. You are lucky you don't have that problem because now you can keep it a secret for as long as you like!

I'm sorry to hear about your friends, I agree it might be best to give them some time to heal from their loss before you tell them about your very exciting news.
    Yeah I've been to pretty much all of them. We go every year without fail. It keeps getting better and better. Plus my favourite band of all time is playing this year so makes me more excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    We will be TTC together!
    Yay! I'm so excited... I'd love to start now, but the timing is just not right. Having surgery to remove abnormal cells from my cervix in 6 weeks and then it's the wedding and honeymoon in July! Once they're all over and done with, it's baby making time! It really can't come quick enough..

Quote Originally Posted by JessyJ View Post
    M2OR - happy birthday to your ds!!
    Thanks JessyJ, he was extremely spoilt!

Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    I'm thinking probs on Monday. I want Dp to be there with me and due to work and his sporting commitments on the weekend, we won't be able to until next week.
    I think I forgot to say congrats, LilNightmare! Such an exciting time for you guys!

AFM- spoke to my OB/GYN this afternoon, appointment is booked for my procedure on the 13th March. I'm extremely nervous, but I know I'm in good hands, so keeping my that he doesn't have to remove too much of the cervix and I can successfully carry another bub to term.
    Not much else happening on this end. Picked up our wedding bands on the weekend, that was pretty exciting I love them, just what we wanted!

Thanks
    Reviews

First scan tomorrow morning! will be around 9-10weeks hope everyone's doing well xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post
    Tmi question: has anyone ever had super thick, clear, jelly like discharge? I should be just over a week past O now (thats when I had brown cm and cramping) so it shouldnt be O related. The female body is very strange haha.
    Heids, I've never had that? Sorry! Hopefully one of these girls can shed some light! x