Closed Thread
Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

Sjk - what a handy gift for your sister to get you. As for names I think jax or jaxon is fine. One of my gf her son is jaxon and is gorgeous.

Shadow - I have several Caden's at work. Very popular in my area ATM. Never had anyone tease them because of there names. Astrid reminds me of how to train your dragon. Love that movie.

Disney- I have unusual names picked out. Most people do turn up their noses or try to make negative nicknames for them and you know what I don't care. I will name my babies exactly what I want.

Welcome to the few new ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd like to join too please

Name: Lunietunie
    Month started ttc: January 2013
    First time ttc!
    State: (Sydney) NSW

Thanks
    Reviews

I do like Jackson. What I have that puts me off of some names is coming across dogs with people names. I have a nephew named Cody, in my mind that's a dogs name, not a people name. I used to love Jessica, but Jess and Jessie and very common dogs names. Though, the boys name we have picked I work with a few dogs with that name and they haven't put me off of it yet. If people say the name Arabella to me I get a mental picture of a Scotty dog as I have one as a client :/

I also love the girls name Delilah, but my DP has bad associations with that name so it is out as well. A girls name seems much harder to come up with for us than the boys name lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree, we have a few boys names we agree on, but can't find one girls name. (Luckily we have a minimum 10 months to decide lol)
    We have agreed not to discuss our names at all. That way they can not be poo pooed and then if someone else uses them then we can have no hard feelings, as they will not know that they are names we like.

Thanks
    Reviews

I like Jaxon/Jackson too, and Harrison but DH doesn't like son on the end of names... Bloody pain!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lunie : Welcome to the thread. Fingers crossed you get a BFP quickly!
    Munchkin : Harrison is a great name!

We have decided on Bethany for a girl (Rae as the middle name in honor of my best friend Renae, and the fact my mum use to sing Axiom's Little Ray of Sunshine to me as a baby).
    We can't agree on a boys name, although I loooove the name Elijah.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nomie - Bethany is beautiful!! I love that!! Classic name are making such a welcomed come back. Also a fan of Elijah!

MrsLa - We have only one boys name, if we have more than one boy we are in trouble as we cant find a name we like, except the only one we have LOL. We have 2 girls names that we adore and completely agree on. I cant see myself changing my mind either. Although i wonder if when im actually utd and its real not hypothetical i might change my mind .. doubt it...

Keerah - its funny you have associations with dogs names. The names you mentioned at the start didnt make me think of dogs but as soon as you said delilah i thought of that super cute kelpie that was on big brother (LOVE big brother. Feel in love with the name Layla after watching Big Brother). Her name was delilah. I do like the name Delilah, Tom Jones has a song about a delilah I think.

Sounds like im the opposite to everyone here with girls names and finding it so difficult with boys...

AFM - I'm finding it hard to decide if I should put away my opk's and dont check my Pink Pad app when it comes time to TTC in 20 days time and just let nature take its course. I'd be interested to hear what you all suggest. I dont know if i should become obsessed from the start or just chill out and see what happens ... its taking up almost all of my thoughts recently. Its completely distracted me from stalking the online baby shops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Here is one for all you lovely ladies. I will get my BFP this year!!
    Attached Images

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

bearbug  (03-01-2013),Disney  (02-01-2013),MrsLA  (02-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like all the names suggested - I think some names might sound like other things but if you like the name go for it!!
    I can think of so many girls names but not many boys.
    Disney - I think decide if you really think you could not use OPKs or apps. I know I'm so into planning so when I'm 100% ready to TTC I probably will use those extra things to help! Even if I said I wouldnt, in the back of my mind I probably still woukd. If you can be relaxed then why not? Up to you I hop you get your BFP your first cycle
    AFM Im still on holidays so just relaxing. I decided today that my plan if Not trying or preventing might not be the best.
    Even though if I was UTD now I'd be okay, if I waited until closer to the end of the year I would be way better off financially & health wise as I do need to lose weight!
    So ill be tracking my cycle on pink pad & avoiding dtd around O time or using condoms. Ill look to start TTC in Nov/Dec still & see what happens

Thanks
    Reviews
    hailzy - good on you for making such a proactive choice! it can be tough to be honest with yourself when you really want something.

I think my biggest problem is I keep doubting if I'm ready. I mean i cant think of how I'm not ready, but then say to myself what If ive missed something, what if there is something I need to do that i havent done and I just dont know it yet. I think it could be a small amount of anxiety about taking the next step in life, and its a huge step to take. Its a human life, not something that can be reversed and its not something you can change your mind about a few years in. Does any of that make sence? I think im just scared really. I mean I want a baby and im ready but im just scared and the closer to TTC I get the more i worry.