Closed Thread
Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Disney, what a spanner in the works! Sorry I am no help as I hate my job lol I cannot wait to be out of there and have a freah start, but I can see why you are a bit unsure. Have a chat with DH tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013...The year of BFP's!

If I were you Disney, I'd keep ttc. You say you think it might disadvantage you if you were utd? Do you mean you think you'd get fired, or just that you might not be promoted or given interesting things to work on? As you know, you can't be fired for being pregnant. As for promotional opportunities etc... there will always be a trade-off between career & motherhood. You might put it off for this thing now, then something else comes up after this & before you know it 5 years have passed & you're either still in the same job or you may have the higher paying job, but no bub! It's also easier to get a new job than it is to conceive (if comments on bh are anything to go by!)

Just some food for thought...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.. New joiner today and was hoping to join in the group if thats ok!

Just got married a few weeks ago and dh and i will be ttc this year.. Very excited and a little nervous, hope it goes to plan. Just started private heath insurance to cover maternity so need to wait 3 months before we can start trying. (longest three months i expect). Think we can start end of April if my calculations are correct.

Fell pregnant approx 7 years ago accidently with an ex-boyfriend and had a mc at 6 weeks so am quite scared of it happenng again when its what dh and i want.

Still a newbie with all of this so hoping to pick up any tips on the way .

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and looking forward to chatting with you all along the journey!

Phoenix x

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    If I were you Disney, I'd keep ttc. You say you think it might disadvantage you if you were utd? Do you mean you think you'd get fired, or just that you might not be promoted or given interesting things to work on? As you know, you can't be fired for being pregnant. As for promotional opportunities etc... there will always be a trade-off between career & motherhood. You might put it off for this thing now, then something else comes up after this & before you know it 5 years have passed & you're either still in the same job or you may have the higher paying job, but no bub! It's also easier to get a new job than it is to conceive (if comments on bh are anything to go by!)

Just some food for thought...

I kind of agree with this...the future is always going to be uncertain. Plus TTC can be hard, some people are lucky and get a bfp first time, others it takes 12months or more...

I'm starting to wish I'd started earlier (though I'm still really young) even though a couple of years ago it wouldn't have been ideal...but I think I could still be where I am now, child or not...though I'm at uni and they don't tend to discriminate against pregnant women/mothers (from what I've seen).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Funchu, I have thought about acupuncture a lot. and think that might be worth a try too. The mind is an amazing thing, and hypnotherapy can work for so many things, so why not ttc.
    Did you look into any research?

Benji, good luck tomorrow

Disney I agree with Funchu and Blotched, jobs and promotions will/can come and go, but a family is forever! and that family might take 12months + to create. To me, as much as I really LOVE my job and can not ever imagine me doing anything else, if I was ready to ttc (and DH was too) there is no way my work would stop me.
    considering that every month, even if you dtd at all the right times and both you and DH are functioning perfectly, there is still only a 20 - 25% chance that you will fall pregnant. They are not very good odds really, so I would take my
    chances with work and continue to ttc! (or at least not try not prevent)

Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    there will always be a trade-off between career & motherhood. You might put it off for this thing now, then something else comes up after this & before you know it 5 years have passed & you're either still in the same job or you may have the higher paying job, but no bub! It's also easier to get a new job than it is to conceive
    completely agree with this

YAY Hamij!!!! GOOD LUCK

Welcome Phoenix, congrats on your wedding!

afm, I think I will prob cave and test tomorrow at 9dpo, wish me luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013...The year of BFP's!

Good luck

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Good luck tomorrow MrsLA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so excited for you Mrs LA! Fingers and toes crossed!

Futuremamma, those 6 weeks will fly by!

Congratulations on your wedding Pheonixaust and Welcome!

Thats fantastic Hamij!

Disney go with your heart, what does your DH think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    LilNightmare!!!!! I just saw your second line pic AHHHHHHHHHHH it is totally there for sure no doubt. I am so excited for you, CONGRATULATIONSSSSS!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cantwaitforabubba For This Useful Post:

LilNightmare  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exciting news LilNightmare :-D

Disney, unless you have concerns you are going to lose your job, then I would keep ttc. Family brings so much more happiness than a career (in my opinion).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

LilNightmare  (25-01-2013)