Closed Thread
Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1001
  1. #561
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0

    Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    So excited, we will be TTC in 6 months! All you girls with bfp's and TWWing and messes to clean up has me so ready to ditch the condoms!
    Haha me too six and a half more weeks for me! Just went to the GP for my prenatal check this morning, pap smear, skin check and lots of blood taken! My thyroid and ferritin levels have been a bit wonky this past year, so fingers crossed it all behaves.

    All this talk of scans has me wishing for one too!! I guess after the tww, there's more tww's for scans, appointments....all a big waiting game really good luck to those of you who are there!

  2. #562
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm a bit of sad news. I think I'm going to have to put baby making on hold!! We were just told we were being restructured at work and I'm so worried if I'm utd this will impact upon me negatively at work. I know there are laws etc to protect me but in reality it's still seen upon unfavourably! It's a huge restructure with big changes. What do you all think I should do? The powers above at work are saying they want the new structure and teams all in place for 1 July this year. Personally I can't see it happening by then and it could take longer. I would really love to hear your thoughts!!

  3. #563
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,833
    Thanks
    997
    Thanked
    628
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Hmm a bit of sad news. I think I'm going to have to put baby making on hold!! We were just told we were being restructured at work and I'm so worried if I'm utd this will impact upon me negatively at work. I know there are laws etc to protect me but in reality it's still seen upon unfavourably! It's a huge restructure with big changes. What do you all think I should do? The powers above at work are saying they want the new structure and teams all in place for 1 July this year. Personally I can't see it happening by then and it could take longer. I would really love to hear your thoughts!!
    Disney that really sucks. I guess if it were me I'd factor in my love/hate for the job. If you desperately want to stay there, I'd suggest to wait it out a bit longer... Sucky decision to have to make though... 😔

  4. #564
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Penrith
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    160
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

    Oh Disney that's horrible. I would weigh the two up for sure. This is not a decision to make lightly.

  5. #565
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love my job so much, I'm pretty sure it's up there with one of the best in the world! I'm on my way home to speak to dh. I can feel the tears coming on! This is the longest bus trip home ever! I've waited since June last year for this baby makin to begin, I suppose another few months aren't much. I was in the right head space to start ttc damn it!!!

  6. #566
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    307
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked
    86
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Hmm a bit of sad news. I think I'm going to have to put baby making on hold!! We were just told we were being restructured at work and I'm so worried if I'm utd this will impact upon me negatively at work. I know there are laws etc to protect me but in reality it's still seen upon unfavourably! It's a huge restructure with big changes. What do you all think I should do? The powers above at work are saying they want the new structure and teams all in place for 1 July this year. Personally I can't see it happening by then and it could take longer. I would really love to hear your thoughts!!
    Awwww bummer, you poor thing! I agree with the others, if you love your job then wait and see what happens at work and try after it all settles down. If you can see yourself getting another job you would be equally happy with then get baby making this month!

    Another factor to consider is do you plan on being a stay at home mum or will you have to go back? If you don't know if you will be going back then maybe it doesn't matter if they look upon you negatively for being pregnant. If you do want to go back then maybe wait, but everything will change then anyway and I doubt you will be treated exactly the same as you do now?

  7. #567
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    307
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked
    86
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    I love my job so much, I'm pretty sure it's up there with one of the best in the world! I'm on my way home to speak to dh. I can feel the tears coming on! This is the longest bus trip home ever! I've waited since June last year for this baby makin to begin, I suppose another few months aren't much. I was in the right head space to start ttc damn it!!!
    Oh bugger, I posted my reply while you were writing this! See what DH thinks but if you love your job then I guess maybe you should wait. I have been waiting 5 yrs to start trying so I know how hard it is when you know what you want. If you wait maybe you can have the best of both worlds - when you do try it will be that much sweeter when you get your BFP

  8. #568
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Awwww bummer, you poor thing! I agree with the others, if you love your job then wait and see what happens at work and try after it all settles down. If you can see yourself getting another job you would be equally happy with then get baby making this month!

    Another factor to consider is do you plan on being a stay at home mum or will you have to go back? If you don't know if you will be going back then maybe it doesn't matter if they look upon you negatively for being pregnant. If you do want to go back then maybe wait, but everything will change then anyway and I doubt you will be treated exactly the same as you do now?
    I would need to return to work part time (partly for my sanity, partly for money). I think I would be doing the same thing I am now just in a new team (I'm a one man show at the moment my other team members do completely different things to me and have been crying out for help for years) to do bigger and better things. Again this is all speculation and probably won't know the exact details until June. Lots to think about over the next few days...

  9. #569
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Oh bugger, I posted my reply while you were writing this! See what DH thinks but if you love your job then I guess maybe you should wait. I have been waiting 5 yrs to start trying so I know how hard it is when you know what you want. If you wait maybe you can have the best of both worlds - when you do try it will be that much sweeter when you get your BFP
    I did the same thing! Playing post tag!

    Thanks for your support ladies. You have confirmed what my gut is telling me. It sucks!!

  10. #570
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Illawarra NSW
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Disney that sucks

    I've been MIA. SO busy atm with uni, and school holidays etc. I've been accepted into a PCOS naturotherapy trial. So I'm on meds for the next 3 months which is meant to help with my cycle etc. So... instead of waiting til April, we're TTC now. I'm not happy with the weight that I am not, but figure I'm just gonna hit it hard and try and lose as much as I can as I go. I just figure this opportunity is too good to pass up.


 

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 is so far away! #2
    By Disney in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 19-01-2013, 11:18
  2. 2013 is so far away!
    By Disney in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1061
    Last Post: 19-12-2012, 15:06
  3. TTC in 2013
    By joby84 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-08-2012, 21:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Einsteinz Music
Fun & interactive music classes!
Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of music: beat, pitch, rhythm and tempo through hands-on experience. Click for more details!!!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!